Jordon clamps

platinum

Reaction score
Has anyone used a Jordon clamp ? on sale at leaches !!

It is a double that fits on to a standard but the front of it is a steel loop for clipping harness on to !!!

I thought i could try and use this instead of a stupid scaff step, but during base out, fitting the clamp @ 4,5 or 6 metres so you already have a fixing position for your lanyard, as it stands if we currently are erecting a base lift say at 1.5 off the ground we have to erect a handrail waist height about 3 ft, then use step to put on the handrails at that pathetic level, so bu already having the clamp above you, it will enforce the lanyard to kick in if falling so to speak.

Any thoughts ??????

excellent bit of gear always liked them sadly cape dont let us use them no more for what reason i dont know but personally a think they are come in very handy.

Has anyone used a Jordon clamp ? on sale at leaches !!

It is a double that fits on to a standard but the front of it is a steel loop for clipping harness on to !!!

I thought i could try and use this instead of a stupid scaff step, but during base out, fitting the clamp @ 4,5 or 6 metres so you already have a fixing position for your lanyard, as it stands if we currently are erecting a base lift say at 1.5 off the ground we have to erect a handrail waist height about 3 ft, then use step to put on the handrails at that pathetic level, so bu already having the clamp above you, it will enforce the lanyard to kick in if falling so to speak.

Any thoughts ??????

Mate, Jordan clamps have been around for years and years.

Regardless of whether or not they serve a purpose, using them to erect an independent scaffold would technically be illegal, as the WAHR's state that advanced collective fall protection must be installed, wherever possible, if working at height.

Mate, Jordan clamps have been around for years and years.

Regardless of whether or not they serve a purpose, using them to erect an independent scaffold would technically be illegal, as the WAHR's state that advanced collective fall protection must be installed, wherever possible, if working at height.

Do the WAH regs state anything about digs? Or hourly rate for part 1's?

try a baracuda lanyard mate its even better than a jordan

As far as I know cape stopped using them after a batch
We had offshore on the BG armada were found to
have a fault with the weld . If memory serves
One snapped off the fitting and all the ones we
Had were taken out of service . We use to use
Them on the street in Bristol only problem I found
With them was they were ok for a smaller job
But for a bigger job you would need a fair few
For a big base out . But over all a good bit of kit

I think the usual hook on the normal lanyards is too big, as far as I know you have to use a lanyard with one of them carabiner clips on.

I thought everyone was now using the wrappa slings for this type of work?

Have you seen the price of the barracuda lanyards ?
£150 + vat is cheapest I've seen !
Do look the nuts though

Have you seen the price of the barracuda lanyards ?
£150 + vat is cheapest I've seen !
Do look the nuts though

I thought about them for a bit Zotsey but as you have already noticed they are nearly 3 times the price and from what they tell me very heavy. I really can't see the benefit with them especially now a lot are just using these slings now so no need for either clamp or barracuda.

I thought about them for a bit Zotsey but as you have already noticed they are nearly 3 times the price and from what they tell me very heavy. I really can't see the benefit with them especially now a lot are just using these slings now so no need for either clamp or barracuda.

Aye
You can buy a couple of Wrappa's for the price of 1 Jordan clamp too so defo cheapest option

Best bit of kit for the scaffs simple easy to use and it works

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Wrappa sling cheap and nasty and made to be a personal issue to the scaffs which keeps the cost down nothing more and nothing less

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Weld did not snap it was the gate that sheared at the rivet due to overtightning by the scaffolder due to not being informed correctly on how to fix to standard.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Sling and barracuda introduced by NASC with recommendations made to suit the products and not the safety of the scaffolders and to keep costs low for the companies

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Weld did not snap it was the gate that sheared at the rivet due to overtightning by the scaffolder due to not being informed correctly on how to fix to standard.

Isn't it just fastened like every other coupler?

Top Bottom