Iw noise

That's true as would the base on Jasons stairs but the more basic independents aren't quite as bad.

Charge mine at home ,22min charge each for the makita as AOM says depends on what your doing , in the videos that I posted , big Lump of scaffold 3ish on 1batterey , then I've a fresh one for the last stint .

i Also have an IW and a electric pencil sharpener ! also made a tool that fits into the IW and will put an apollo tie in/out a lot quicker than turning it with a spanner (when fixing it does need a little final turn with spanner).
Remember gents this is 2012 !!

If its 2012 how come the pay is the same as 1992?

Hswt that so true .... Used to be a good earner ..,, not so now ....
We were earning a lot better for Stevie g as regards prices ....
Mind it would be very nice to have an inexpensive holiday in the p..,,,,,,s ( I couldn't spell it 😄😄😄)

i know i've written this b4, but theres so many threads about this -
i charge @ home fuuuck pat testin and use 1 up to dinner time and the 2nd in the afternoon, as for noise it never really bothered me till last week when doing the DCs up on a load of metal str treads and i must admit even i had to give in and put some plugs in, also monday saw the end of my 1st Mak or so i thought - £2.50 for a new set of brushes and 5 mins to change them saw it working again on wednesday, i originally paid £65 off ebay for it so happy days again

@hswt yes I do remember billy white and very much miss that man ..... He was on a taylor Woodrow blacklist I think and found it hard to get work in the seventies ...
The industry has fragmented and with agency labour being so prevelant the opportunity to stick together is few and far between ....
I remember at shoreham power station when we stood together against the bouffant who wouldn't pay time and a half for the sat which he was getting himself ...
We won in the end but certain gentlemen still came in BUT got the time and a half when we did
Seems those days are still happening in oz ?

you cannot be using it right three batteries min a day erecting 9hour shift

You must have dodgy batteries mate, still on the same charge from 9 mths ago when i got it out the box, or am i a lazy Cent:D

Seriously, you must either be 'Trigger happy' wrapping the sh1t out of those bad boys, or putting some Steel up matey, Never ever flattened 2 in a day.

I charge at home, no need to PAT, however, could get it done at work. No Problem. If you dont like a IW or dont want one, simples, dont get a Cent, after all we are not CISRS/NASC saying you must have this......irrespective of using a swingover for 57 year.:eek:

Remember where you saw the IW intro first in years to come. RV was the first to put his head above the Parapet on the SF.

Well done Paul.

@hswt yes I do remember billy white and very much miss that man ..... He was on a taylor Woodrow blacklist I think and found it hard to get work in the seventies ...
The industry has fragmented and with agency labour being so prevelant the opportunity to stick together is few and far between ....
I remember at shoreham power station when we stood together against the bouffant who wouldn't pay time and a half for the sat which he was getting himself ...
We won in the end but certain gentlemen still came in BUT got the time and a half when we did
Seems those days are still happening in oz ?

Yes Bill was on quite a few blacklists back in the day.
I wasnt on the power station then think I was in germany?? I remember jacking from the bouffant and working for another subby at Gatwick and he caused all sorts of trouble.
In Oz they talk a big workers united talk but its every man for himself when it comes to the crunch. The Aussies are actually amazed at how united Brit workers are.

Top Bottom