Iw noise

Tim?

Serious question for a change, lol, erm: You say the charger needs to be PAT tested?
Are the batteries not strong enough to last 8-10 hours, without a charge?

Nope it was all fine as far as it went .....

Good. To be honest I'm sure most site agents are well acquaint with these types of tools as other trades have had them a long time. They are hardly a new sight on the sites.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Tim?

Serious question for a change, lol, erm: You say the charger needs to be PAT tested?
Are the batteries not strong enough to last 8-10 hours, without a charge?

Anything with a plug has to be pat tested. Battery life depends what you are doing.

Ya, but what i mean is: If the plug/charger is at home/in your shed, does it need a PAT test?

We charge them on site Jason. On a strike you would be lucky to get more than a couple of hours but on an erect you would last most days with a couple of batteries. As I said earlier, it's just another thing that's easier to do than to listen to some wee boring half witt try and give you a dig for.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

That stair case you are on would need more than 2 batteries per day.

We charge them on site Jason. On a strike you would be lucky to get more than a couple of hours but on an erect you would last most days with a couple of batteries. As I said earlier, it's just another thing that's easier to do than to listen to some wee boring half witt try and give you a dig for.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

That stair case you are on would need more than 2 batteries per day.

See...? I like the idea behind them, speed wise and stuff, but i still feel that overal you cannot beat a Spanner.

For a good days work on a 10-12 hour shift, you'll need what? 5-6 batteries? - Thats alot of extra equipment you'll need to carry from job to job.

Naw not 5 or 6 if you can burn 4 on a strike you can go home knowing you have done a good days work. I always charged them during a break as they are up and running full power after 20 minutes. Yesterday I was on an erect and 1 did the shift, it depends on a lot of things.

mine give up the ghost today, new one tomorrow, got to love the iw. But i will cry and act like a brat if i dont get it before tenzzes.

Tim, can you not just tell them to fcuk right off and let you build the fekin job?

I always new our industry was full of jobsworths that have never actually made anything in their lives but they are taking the mick. What's next, a 2 day course on how to operate them?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I honestly believe someone somewhere is just trying to figure out how to make money from this development.

Alistair---Iv got to agree with your instinct, as sure as God made little hairy beasties some one some where is devising a way to make money out of this development and I wonder who will be paying :cry:

How long you had it and what make was it?

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Alistair---Iv got to agree with your instinct, as sure as God made little hairy beasties some one some where is devising a way to make money out of this development and I wonder who will be paying :cry:

I am all for spotting a gap in the market Gary but FFS leave us to our few pleasures left in our working lives. Yes the scaffs would pay as we have paid for some time now but they would be teetering dangerously if they thought about pushing much further regulation on our working day.

FFS, what you doing with them, your meant to put them in the van at the end of the shift not tie them to the bumper.

Forth?? £340 a pop too?

So £340 x 4 = £1200 or so.
(its actually: £1360, i know. :p)

Even then, that is a MASSIVE amount to lay out on tools in a year, let alone on just 1 tool.

hired from company £4.00 a week ,i do use it as a hammer aswell

One price Jason all replaced free after that.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

hired from company £4.00 a week ,i do use it as a hammer aswell

That may explain it.:laugh:

Charge up on site in tea break never used more than one battery .....,,
Not really done a good strike I seem to do mostly erecting at the moment ....
I hope my hilti lasts longer than 3 or 4 months

Just don't use it as a hammer.

You will notice a big drop in service time when you do get a strike especially if you work a system to get the best use from the IW. No drama though as you just re-charge at break as you do know.

you cannot be using it right three batteries min a day erecting 9hour shift

check fittings on birdcages eats the juice 15 trannies to a thirteen foot board on loading bay 1.5 bays

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

lots of new builds nice straight dusty runs

Top Bottom