Iw noise

timthumb

Reaction score
Agent ok with the havs now q noise and said would have to put control measures in place
So pleased about the first part
On a denne site in sussex

Thats not the staircase for cabins in brighton is it tim ?

Yes im in brighton beats Hastings ...
@ havespannerwilltravel .. That is why you probably use a pen rather than a quill and ink !!!
As regards sturmey what ever he said goes BUT time restrictions say I must get quicker so the iw it is for me ( please don't let the old school tell them I'm still using my podger and I will not use anything but the b and p )

Impact wrenches should be banned....whatever next me getting an electric pencil sharpener on my next job.
Timthumb hang your head in shame thought you was old school? Sturmey Archer will be spinning.

Catch up Havespannerwilltravel, i've had an electric pencil sharpener the last 18 months. :D

i Also have an IW and a electric pencil sharpener ! also made a tool that fits into the IW and will put an apollo tie in/out a lot quicker than turning it with a spanner (when fixing it does need a little final turn with spanner).
Remember gents this is 2012 !!

thought the makitas noise according to data sheet is 90db so i may be wrong but thought that was under the limit for ear defenders?

Noise Levels are Measured by the technique of Time Weighed Averages...

Exposure Time to the db Level ( Weighed ) over an Average Time exposed...

Hierarchy of Control Measures as required = PPE as last resort in this case = ear defenders where applicable...

garry what does that mean for the iw.... I'm going to say roughly

140 singles
200 doubles x 2

540 seconds is 27 minutes in a 7 hr day

Tim, can you not just tell them to fcuk right off and let you build the fekin job?

I always new our industry was full of jobsworths that have never actually made anything in their lives but they are taking the mick. What's next, a 2 day course on how to operate them?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I honestly believe someone somewhere is just trying to figure out how to make money from this development.

Can you not pad out your entire arm in noise reduction padding???
Make you arm look a bit like this though:

latest%20new%20cool%20crazy%20gadgets%20inflatahands-450x337.jpg

:p

They can all go fcuk Jason, there is no way these things are anywhere near that level. FFS, I will need a risk assessment to get out of my scratcher soon. Bores me to tears it really does.

Honestly... Health and Safety is 99% bullshiit and 1% looking after our actual safety.
But without it, what will all those people who were bullied at school do for work? They cant all be traffic wardens now, can they? lol.

I suppose you should count yourself lucky that they dont make you PAT test your IW's!! :D

Aye very funny, one of the first things I had to do was stick a pat test on it as the sparky was in the yard doing all our stuff and spotted it and as he charges per item.:(

I try and follow every regulation we know about, some are good and some are fekin terrible but follow we will, but the first man who ever challenged me about the IW would have to prise it from my cold dead fingers.;)

I feel the exact same way - about my prized Gareth Gates CD!
Hes sooooo d-d-d-d-d-d-drrr-drrrr-drrrea-drreeeammm-dreeeeaaammmy!!! :D :laugh:

If the forum ever have a night out you and Dico should do the decks.:bigsmile:

Yes the charger has to be pat tested Jason
And AOM I bought all the noise thing up at my induction sort of preempting the enevetable question , agent was a very reasonable guy and didn't bother me or my mate again so I think he was persuaded about the iw using this preemptive strike

It'd be all Barry White and Diana Ross!

I thought you were going for a Russ pleaser with Gareth and maybe a bit of Will, Dico could then come in just as the coke was kicking in and give us some of his hard core Steps.:cheesy:

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Yes the charger has to be pat tested Jason
And AOM I bought all the noise thing up at my induction sort of preempting the enevetable question , agent was a very reasonable guy and didn't bother me or my mate again so I think he was persuaded about the iw using this preemptive strike

That's a relief, so nobody gave you a dig?

Steps! I love them!!! They are such great dancers and lyricists!
Lyricists??? I didnt even know that was a real word!

One thing i DID like about steps was:

american_singer_faye_tozer_wallpaper.jpg

:love: Absolutely GORGEOUS! :love:

Top Bottom