is your boss a scrooge or father xmas

Were getting nowt again, The lads have been Temp laid off now for the 2nd week, with the snow, they are now signing on.

I was called in a week passed wednesday, on Call. H&S work and Scaffold adataptation ,I am lucky, i am getting a basic wage, for shovelling 'Snow' some of the younger guys were relying on this couple of weeks to get a few quid for their families xmas presents.:sad:

With cross reference to the B&CE thread though, their holiday pay is a average of their last 12 weeks earnings, where we made a couple of decent wages. However, my Laddie, (Not a nut saved 26 years of age. Grumpy Grandad Paddy, and Nana, to the rescue, i hope):unsure:

Never had anything off the company at xmas, (Too big). shareholders and all that sh1t, we used to gan on the toon for 'Black eyed friday' however the boys are 'scrimping'.:sad:

bouncers in birmingham seem to have bad attitudes mate we went for night out last year same thing one lovely bouncer sparked one of the chaps from the side,may i add for nothing other than being boisteriouse.end result the bouncers all went to A&E one of our lads getting charged with attempt murder,nasty wannabe bullies methinks.

there the same all over Celtic standing there giving it the big one until a few scaffolders turn up , one of my lads hammered the granny out of one a couple of weeks ago, i drove past as the paramedics where working on him not nice but he grabbed my lad by the throat so it was game on.

Years back was going into a club with a few mates and the wifes, a bouncer I knew from the same boxing club as mine was letting us in, another one I did'nt know grabbed my arm and tore the sleeve on my suit,needless to say I did'nt spare the punches on the p##k, We ended up getting free drink and in my case a new suit. Agree most of them are w###ers.

Years back was going into a club with a few mates and the wifes, a bouncer I knew from the same boxing club as mine was letting us in, another one I did'nt know grabbed my arm and tore the sleeve on my suit,needless to say I did'nt spare the punches on the p##k, We ended up getting free drink and in my case a new suit. Agree most of them are w###ers.

The only time i have seen a Scaffolder in a suit is when he says "Not guilty your Honour":D

Don't wear one often these days Paddy, funerals and weddings,though I wore one a couple of years back to impress the judge as a character witness when one of the lads was up for fighting. Must of worked cause he let him off with a fine, had to pay it himself though, not that generous.

scaffolders and doormen now that be an intresting thread lol,rival the eictb thread methinks.

can i just say this, some of you guys have been given a decent xmas box, some of you guys have been given a small token of gratitude xmas box,

at least your companies have thought about it , and surely i was always told its the thought that counts .

as for the rest of you who got nothing Nah Nah Nah Na na na na :toung: :D

:DI use to work for a civils company that employed around 50 scaffs and at least another 400 in other trades and office staff.
Every Christmas our boss would hire the Cardiff International Arena (CIA) for all his employees and their wives, girlfriends etc. pay for minibuses or taxis, a proper 5 course meal with loads of wine on the tables, free bar and a quality live band playing.
Unfortunately they weren't impressed by some of the scaffs stripping off and dancing boIIocks naked with the director's wives. after that we just had £50 in an envelope.

Last edited:
:DI used to work for a civils company that employed around 50 scaffs and at least another 400 in other trades and office staff.
Every Christmas our boss would hire the Cardiff International Arena (CIA) for all his employees and their wives, girlfriends etc. pay for minibuses or taxis, a proper 5 course meal with loads of wine on the tables, free bar and a quality live band playing.
Unfortunately they weren't impressed by some of the scaffs stripping off and dancing boIIocks naked with the director's wives. after that we just had £50 in an envelope.

mmmm BAH HUMBUG is all I have to say on that.. did anybody ever ask the directors wifes what they thought.LOL.

I don't think they minded it was the directors that played fcuk

Top Bottom