is your boss a scrooge or father xmas

we generally book lads in for xmas dinner in my local, the pub just sets a tab up for us , we generally book up the same day as a few of the other local companies we work for one of them actually owns the pub , so its one big massive lads party , we dont stop the women coming but they generally turn up later for a couple of drinks, i then take the lads into town with x amount of money in my pocket , they have never emptied my pocket yet never, i generally have friend or family member to drive any of the lads home that live distance away.

been karting and paint balling in past aswell and occaisionally have bought small prezzies for young children of the lads.

plus an xmas card with £20 t £25-00 pound in it.

But do you know what : there is always someone who just goes out their way to spoil it or piss you off and that is why probably so few firms now go out of their way to organise anything . they probably just dont want some of the **** that goes with it all

Used to get taken on the ale,that went to £50.00 plus a half chop.that went to £50.00 docked half a day for half chopping,that Went to,you guessed it S.F.A.GOD BLESS EM!!

But do you know what : there is always someone who just goes out their way to spoil it or piss you off and that is why probably so few firms now go out of their way to organise anything . they probably just dont want some of the **** that goes with it all

There's always one drinking on an empty heed
eatdrink048.gif

too true podger , i dont mind too much as im one of those types of people who was born a scaff always a scaff , im as ruff as bulls lugs myself and like a drink an a laff , but i sometimes get a bit peeved or wake up next day an think " cheeky cnut " but my post was more to say i can understand some bosses not bothering cos they wernt scaffs or were scaffs but managed to how shall i say this, to improve oneself above a scaff level lol:laugh:

Break up next Friday and will buy lads breakfast first, then if work do a bit or just tidy yard. Then go get lashed and maybe get some illegal stuff to boot. Then finish with a curry and taxi home for the boys (All paid for). Will then drop a little pressie off over the weekend.

Like others say, they are the guys who help put food on the table.

Break up next Friday and will buy lads breakfast first, then if work do a bit or just tidy yard. Then go get lashed and maybe get some illegal stuff to boot. Then finish with a curry and taxi home for the boys (All paid for). Will then drop a little pressie off over the weekend.

Like others say, they are the guys who help put food on the table.

Your my type of Gaffa
party0022.gif

my old mate + boss used to look after us at xmas...a trip out somewere plenty of grub + a day on the p**s HAPPY DAYS!!! not being ungrateful but firm im on now give us a turkey!!!!im goin to need a f**k of a liquidiser if im going to drink that ..lol

break up next wednesday party on thursday,go to the pub about 1pm,a 3 course meal play the usual pool;darts dominoes all for money prizes (supplied by the bosses).
oh not forgetting free bar till about 8pm or depends on the mood then free transport home,sometimes a bonus.thats the least they can do considering the money well make through the year i think.

I might be getting old (i know i am) but the scaffolders ball doesn't seem to be as good anymore (nostalgia ain't what it used to be) but I'm still looking forward to going out and having a day on the lash with the lads and then phoning the wife up to ask Her to pick me up because the taxi drivers wont let me in their cabs (cant blame them).
And when she gives me the look at the state of you lecture I know I'm on deaf and dumb dinners for a couple of days.

I said the exact same thing to the boy's only yesterday Willie, it's time we had a proper scaffs night out instead of all this namby pamby crap and that means no performance enhancing drugs either, first to hit the floor should be named and shamed and held up to ridicule till the next outing.:cool:

Last year whilst playing pool I was about to take a shot when one of the lads fell of his bar stool and split his head open. Just went into the bog, got some bog roll and stuck it on his head. Carried on playing and he carried on drinking. Loves it!!!

I think if that happened here now we would have 6 paramedics, 4 coast guard and an air ambulance on scene within about 15 minutes or less. There would have been a full investigation and the inevitable no win no fee lawyer trying to get in on the act.

id have been stood next to him and he knocked into me and id be going WHIPLASH!!!!!!

nice to hear some gaffers sort their lads out for all the hard work through out the year. worked at Standard in Bolton the tight get put £200 behind the bar for 22 men lol.
at a new firm this year and break up 17th striaght to the pub cant wait have fun boys!

Last year whilst playing pool I was about to take a shot when one of the lads fell of his bar stool and split his head open. Just went into the bog, got some bog roll and stuck it on his head. Carried on playing and he carried on drinking. Loves it!!!

I think if that happened here now we would have 6 paramedics, 4 coast guard and an air ambulance on scene within about 15 minutes or less. There would have been a full investigation and the inevitable no win no fee lawyer trying to get in on the act.

Funny thing is, about 3 years before that night on a Xmas drink we went to B'ham city centre and got beat up by some bouncers on the door of a pub. I got kicked in the head while on the floor and this guy was standing in the street half asleep (reason why we were being refused entry), minding his own business when one of the bouncers ran over to him and sparked him clean out. Apparently he was out before he hit the floor and needless to say he split his head that night also. Moral of that story is don't fight when you are that pi55ed. Like throwing punches under water!!

hope you went back the following week sober and battered them!!!!!

At the time the plod turned up and took us to the station for statements. They then arrested the bouncer in question who was known to them and later found out he was jailed as he had killed some poor kid months earlier. W@nk3r only got 4 years as he pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

Top Bottom