is benchmark screwed????

VLLB if you are still at Trad, see if you can find out if any of the old managers know where Roger Cook is working, cheers Chris

I like alot of people VLLB, i like... my Mum and... my Nan and... erm, thats about it. :D

Honestly though, i dislike a handful of tw@ts on TRAD and the ones i dislike - EVERYONE ELSE hates them also and the same goes with Benchmark.

I dislike certain 'Managers' or 'Supervisors' who think that part of their job description is to take the piss out of and rip off the Scaffolders working for them.
I dont take the piss out of them, like alot of other Scaffolders dont... so i dont expect it back.

Treat people as you would expect to be treated.

As well as that, you have NO IDEA of my history with TRAD or what went on, while i was there, so lets leave it there shall we? :idea:

Yes I do, you said so on here before, I'm sure you did. You went in the office but had to go back out on tools?

I thought that...
I wasted over a year of my life on TRAD Scaffolding, with the 'prospect' of becoming an Engineer. I busted my arse and put alot of effort into doing as well as i could and learning as much as i could, all for £100 a week.

£100 a week - 8am-6pm, without being paid London Waiting or any kind of grants for training or anything - or any kind of help.

What did i get for it?
1 little disagreement with Des Moore, over me working onsite and i was binned faster then you can say - "Mugged right off."

The disagreement?
Being TOLD, not asked that i would work out on site for a few weeks to help out for £100 a week... not the £60 a day that all the other Labourers were getting.
When i asked for the £60 a day rate, i was screamed at down the phone and then 15 minutes later i was told that i would never ever work in the office for TRAD again and that i would get my £60 a day.

The following 2 years of being beasted about was a nightmare, or being slung from site to site, untill i eventually quit and went on another firm.

THATS what having 'good prospects' does for you.
F.uck all.

I work for money.
Money first and Money last.

Theres no such thing as 'prospects', unless your face-fits or your an arse licker...

Last edited:
VLLB if you are still at Trad, see if you can find out if any of the old managers know where Roger Cook is working, cheers Chris

didnt he go into hiding after ITV wouldnt renew his contract for the COOK report.

I personally hope that benchmark dont go under but myself doing a couple of stints with the northern branch and still having mates there I must inform the future is very bleak.
Lad constantly stood down. 1 supervisor sat at home playing the PS3 for the last 4 years hasnt helped (that call of duty has a lot to answer for). 3 estimators winning nothing and 20 yards lads yet nothing going up and nothing coming down with yard costs of 95k a month before paying the scaffolders then the future certainly isnt orange up here.
But I must admit the only time I delt with the london area was direct with the engineers BOB YOUNG and ALAN ABRAHAM, both excellent engineers both on the drawing front and on the field. Terry Shiel left and set up PSD and it now looking like he made a good move.

CUT THE STAFF, RE-STRUCTURE and MAYBE theres still HOPE. My fingers are crossed.

The downfall in my eyes was when they were offering long termers 2K as 1 time payoff and some fell for it.
Yes vancover they were also weighing in tube aswell to pay wages just before christmas at the commercial director's instructions.

:worried::worried::worried:

i work for dsl its not great but you could prob blag 120 a day depends if its a pinky or a bluey prt 2 anyway they might have somethin in heathrow worth a ring

didnt he go into hiding after ITV wouldnt renew his contract for the COOK report.

I personally hope that benchmark dont go under but myself doing a couple of stints with the northern branch and still having mates there I must inform the future is very bleak.
Lad constantly stood down. 1 supervisor sat at home playing the PS3 for the last 4 years hasnt helped (that call of duty has a lot to answer for). 3 estimators winning nothing and 20 yards lads yet nothing going up and nothing coming down with yard costs of 95k a month before paying the scaffolders then the future certainly isnt orange up here.
But I must admit the only time I delt with the london area was direct with the engineers BOB YOUNG and ALAN ABRAHAM, both excellent engineers both on the drawing front and on the field. Terry Shiel left and set up PSD and it now looking like he made a good move.

CUT THE STAFF, RE-STRUCTURE and MAYBE theres still HOPE. My fingers are crossed.

The downfall in my eyes was when they were offering long termers 2K as 1 time payoff and some fell for it.
Yes vancover they were also weighing in tube aswell to pay wages just before christmas at the commercial director's instructions.

:worried::worried::worried:

Terry is doing stuff on Trad now

Oh yes I forgot to add that the northern branch safety man was logged on here last week during work time for over 2 hours reading "scaffolder to scaffold engineer".... thread so that says alot.

not london branch im hampshire branch ill see tmw ask about to see if anyones got it for ya

Top Bottom