Instructors again

Seriously considering it Jason. As I have said a few times, I reckon I would be good at it. I'm not blowing my own trumpet as I know there is more to it than meets the eye but I think I could look an employer in the eye and tell him I got his young gun the best.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Iraq!!!, Does he know there is a war on?:eek: I fancy being an instructor but not that badly.:worried:

Thats where it's at at the moment mate,but i suppose you'd have to instruct through a interpreter:eek:you selling up then pal:cool:

I dont think so mate.
We've all been on here long enough to know pretty much exactly what we're all like and how we are.

Plenty of 'evidence' on each of us stored on the site to convict nearly all of us of a dozen crimes and the like, lol.
F.uck it mate. You are as you are.

People can either accept it or they cant. :)

Thats where it's at at the moment mate,but i suppose you'd have to instruct through a interpreter:eek:you selling up then pal:cool:

Just another string to the bow BF, part of a long term exit strategy. I wouldn't expect anyone beating a path to my door to offer me a job or anything right away. I assume it will be much like a trainee scaff, work your way to the top if you pardon the pun.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I dont think so mate.
We've all been on here long enough to know pretty much exactly what we're all like and how we are.

Plenty of 'evidence' on each of us stored on the site to convict nearly all of us of a dozen crimes and the like, lol.
F.uck it mate. You are as you are.

People can either accept it or they cant. :)

I tend to agree.

PTLLS is fine for scaffold instructing, however the way this industry moves who knows what next even i struggle to keep up sometimes and were at the sharp end

Ian

It's a start though. I suppose it's no different from any other Ian and I have to start somewhere so if it is good enough for now it will do me, thanks.

I have got some interesting material from a couple of forum users if you would like a look BF, I don't think they would mind.(Maybe better get permission first) Looked like the very basic elements of a teaching qualification to me, learning plans and how to grab attendee's attention and all that jazz. Just the first tentative steps. I think you have to shadow a part 1 course at a centre(hoping Ian may help me out there:cool:) to gain your assessors ticket and something else which I forget now.:embarrest:lol

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I'm going to be rubbish at this.:laugh:

Thats where it's at at the moment mate,but i suppose you'd have to instruct through a interpreter you selling up then pal

i think you will be alright i can understand people from scotland...........even if english isn't your first language ..its similar ;)

when u do deside to get teaching , learnd a lot of yha marra and a few others ya seem to be working the way there teaching it at the mo but when ya do deside to give it up marra ill take the wheel and stear her for a while :p not she who must be obeyd but the companie lol

when u do deside to get teaching , learnd a lot of yha marra and a few others ya seem to be working the way there teaching it at the mo but when ya do deside to give it up marra ill take the wheel and stear her for a while :p not she who must be obeyd but the companie lol

You are welcome to both marra.;)

AOM,
Lets hope you teach them how to stagger standards and ledgers lol.

They will probably have to teach me quite a lot before I do anything.:embarrest:

Looking forward to hearing all about the course, aom. Best of luck and always ask on here for pointers. Teaching is all about communication, and if you're as good at speaking as you are at writing, you'll do fine :).

Make learning fun and interesting, the learners will enjoy it and become inspired by you!

AOM as you know i work in the Inchinnan college as an instructor, and when you start instructing you feel like a trainee starting out again, learning new things and tricks and how to see the bigger picture, luckily in Scotland we have Colin Wilkie and Mick Cunningham who are both great instructors.
the PTLLS is a good course for people starting out in the training enviroment, but it's basic common sense that gets you through this job, if you have any questions PM me and i will do my best to help you.
Iain

Nice one Iain, thanks for that, you were never far from my thoughts as I thought about this training thing and no doubt there will be a few PM's coming soon enough. Thanks again for your post.

AOM PTLLS Level 3 will be sufficient for your requirements level 4 requires harved referencing etc my pal did it the same time i did the L3 he had to put a hell of a lot more work than me into it. You will need to also look into the new assessors course that has replaced the A1 & D32 33. I did the A1 for free through a local training partnership.

It's all sounding really promising, aom.

If PTLLS is sufficient, do it! The level 4 courses are dull dull dull! Assignment after assignment, reflective practise, and practical teaching (gawd! makes me wonder why I bothered!! "They" said I had to!)

Thanks for the encouragement BT and PTG. I have been in touch with the college on the link who are advertising a course starting on the last week of July but still no word from them. I will give them to the middle of the week after the bank holiday's before pushing them on a bit.

Good to know level 3 will do as I wasn't 100% sure. I am looking forward to getting the ball rolling but a wee bit apprehensive as well.

Top Bottom