Instructors again

simian

Reaction score
As our work is growing again in the middle east and Africa. We are looking for more instructors to assist us.

A lot of the work will be ad hoc at the beginning but it is becoming more frequent every week.

Criteria is:

Advanced scaffolder
A training qualification
A1 assessor

We provide all flights, accomodation and transport. Food is supplied in some areas but if not we provide a food allowance.

Rates will be discussed with candidates who we interview as we expect certain applicants to be more qualified than others. We normally expect you to do around 20 days at a time.

CV's to info@simian-risk.com

A good offer there.
Id bite your hand off for that job, in a few years... when im even more knackered then i already feel, lol.

Yea great job,only one problem,the teaching qualification could be problematic,most of us are scaffolders because we were rubbish at school,the irony is the industry is now all about calcs and endless papertrails lol;)

How would u go about getting the trainning cert & a1. Is another two week wonder or is it a real could fail course & what are the requirements to be able to attend me wonders. Googled it but couldn't find any scaffolding trainning courses.

Woodsie the general way is to get your instructor quals while working for a training center, you must shadow all 3 scaffolding courses along side an excising instructor, as for the A1 that's now changed to S9 (STANDARD 9) nvq assessor.plus train the trainer, etc. etc

Woodsie the general way is to get your instructor quals while working for a training center, you must shadow all 3 scaffolding courses along side an excising instructor, as for the A1 that's now changed to S9 (STANDARD 9) nvq assessor.plus train the trainer, etc. etc

Can't see me getting any of them in the near future. Good work for the more mature scaff looking to get off the tools

Its something that i would really seriously consider in the future.
Its kinda rewarding to know that you'll be helping others learn and stuff.

Ive always held the utmost respect for the Instructors who taught me. They have always been knowledgeable and always been good as gold.

As our work is growing again in the middle east and Africa. We are looking for more instructors to assist us.

A lot of the work will be ad hoc at the beginning but it is becoming more frequent every week.

Criteria is:

Advanced scaffolder
A training qualification
A1 assessor

We provide all flights, accomodation and transport. Food is supplied in some areas but if not we provide a food allowance.

Rates will be discussed with candidates who we interview as we expect certain applicants to be more qualified than others. We normally expect you to do around 20 days at a time.

CV's to info@simian-risk.com

shame your trainning centre at london didnt kick off and you shut it down but hee hoo must be brighter abroad!!! this ante a dig simian but ever person ive meet over the last year thats worked for you has fooked off wonder why:wacko:

ounch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not ouch!!! teeside its what happens in the real word this forum is for scaffolders and now and again some members may get affended but its freedom of speech i have no problem with simian exspecially ian as hes never down spoken to me but others have affended me!! but who cares anyway were all big boys

its not ouch!!! teeside its what happens in the real word this forum is for scaffolders and now and again some members may get affended but its freedom of speech i have no problem with simian exspecially ian as hes never down spoken to me but others have affended me!! but who cares anyway were all big boys

I'm fine with that people come and go and we have had three employed instructors leave over the last 3 years but we all safety people have been with us for years. It's not for everyone and sometimes we recognise that and finish people because we know they are not going to make the grade. It's a difficult job and sometimes a boring one once you have done all the courses it can be groundhog day. Newark council closed London asking for 80k rates on top of 150k rent meaning you needed 20k through the door before you paid someone, so you needed 4 full scaffolders courses every month and during these times that's hard to do.

Ian

Groundhog day Ian I can back you there plus try putting up with the 16 to 18 year old programme led for 6 months, and keeping them focused in the class for a couple hours a day, they are days I don't like to remember and why I got out of it.

I've done teaching in a completely different industry and whilst I loved doing it during that time, I don't teach anymore, busy with Bettertax but also, lost the oomph for it... so much paperwork involved to satisfy the authorities that "learning has taken place". I understand the need for that but there's a lot of "reflective practise" too that can just wear you down after awhile.

Sorry to hear that as like Jason I have always kind of fancied the idea. Never thought I would be good at much and certainly no better than most but always reckoned I could do a better job of training up the young boy's given the time. Never really thought about the paper work side of things and if it's heavy laden with admin I may just forget it, pity.

The paperwork requirements could well be different in the scaffold industry, aom, so don't be put off.

IMO, the important part of teaching is having the experience that goes with the knowledge.

City & Guilds 7303 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) is the prerequisite teaching qualification required alongside the A1 Assessors cert also the Advanced card to train to become A CISRS Instructor. PTLLS completed over a 5 day block in my opinion is very difficult, Intense & harder than the 3 Nebosh General / Construction & Environment Certs that I have completed.

Despite gaining my Basic card in 1996 and working all over the Country mainly blue book and being in my opinion a very experienced Scaff, I failed the NASC Instructor criteria because I have not held my Advanced card for 5 years.

I always wanted to give something back and thought I would make a decent Instructor but looking at the bigger picture the money ain't that great unless you are freelance & then you aren't always guaranteed regular work...So the PTG is staying with the Fun Police for the foreseeable future!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but never say never who knows what the future brings???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PTTLS is being fazed out, so be quick
the course its being replaced with will take longer to complete and will be harder.
I actually enjoyed doing my PTTLS it was something new from tube and fittings.
My advice is GO FOR IT. If you sit on the shelf you will just gather dust, I do agreee with Ian though some will take to it and some wont.

See, that annoys me and it's like I've said all along. It's not just the scaffolding industry made to jump through hoops when it comes to training.

When I did the C&G teaching qualification, only 6 years ago, it was a 7407, pt 1 and 2 combined. Took a year and many hours of research and laborious assignment essay writing, as well as teaching my own course as part of the practical side.

Then PTTLS replaced 7407, although my qualification was "safe", at the time.

If PTTLS is being replaced then I expect I would have to re-train, should I want to continue any teaching.

Begs the question of was my original course so bad that it needs replacing twice now and so should I have been teaching? (know what I mean? :mad:).

No wonder teachers are leaving the profession in their droves.

I understand the PTTLS will still be recognised if already achieved but the new qualification will have more teaching hours in the criteria better tax. So your safe..

Might just look into it it Steve.:idea:

Top Bottom