How would you....

now that we have seen what works might give us a bit better idea what to advise. try getting some kwikshore75 system scaffold ( not kwikstage ) it comes with u-heads that fit in top of standards for carrying slimshore beams also has adjustable braces and fixed size braces, try find link for you.

Load of that down here mate
Kwikscrap
01342893543 ask for alan

this man asked me for advice last sunday . look at the photos .
support a boat at 3 tonnes !!!. crap scaffold support good luck

I am amazed that that held, never in my wildest nightmares would I have tackled it like that but goes to show we have been brainwashed with slip loads deflection and maximum bending moments. Well done oldbilbo, if you thought that was a lot of steel, wait until the designers get a grip of it.

Is it me or just the pics but it looks like its starting to bend the standards ? if this job is to stop up for any length of time is going over.
And the scaffold company have put a banner on it ?????????????????/

Think it was just up and down Andy, oldbilbo could argue it worked and therefore a success. It's scaffolding Jim but not as we know it.

Keep us posted bilbo on the the saga of your intended further boat lifts

You have given me a few smiles so far.:DYou seem to be a guy that will find a way to do any job you want in some sort of fashion. I admire your attitude, though have grave misgivings on your methods in this instance

As for me,I have been in the scaffolding game for over 40 years and have seen the outcome of failed lifts resulting in death and serious injury not to mention the financial cost of lost plant or equipment

My advice was to use a crane and a professional company to obtain the desired outcome and still is.

my labourer said he couldn't work this weekend, look like he been down there doin your work for u... n he wonders y i won't let him on the spanner lol

Top Bottom