How many scaffolders on here!!

Skooko Nasc & the working at heights regs 2005 brought about & championed the step, a safety man is there to ensure / monitor compliance on behalf of the scaff company or the main contractor, I know it is not possible (financially & timewise) but if all company's introduced the erection of meter lifts the step would be retired and scaffs would be better protected by their employers, only my opinion but having witnessed the meter lift procedure the process eradicates the step, ****** advanced guardrail and all other collective protection even the harness.:bigsmile:

Surely you would need your to clip your harness on when raising or lowering boards? even with a 1m lift

Surely you would need your to clip your harness on when raising or lowering boards? even with a 1m lift[/QUOTE
Correct the only time a scaff has to clip on in the newly created scaffs "safe zone" is when an operative is lowering or raising the boarded lift.:wondering:

I set up the SCCR with the help of the forum to help scaffolders!!

Have I done the right thing?

nearly 6000 on the forum yet not a large percentage are members of the SCCR!

How many Scaffs & how many nosy ones? Two people a day log in details to join but go no further. Is something wrong?

I believe in what we are doing thats why I have backed it financially & by spending 4 to 5 hours a day working on it.

Yet is it going in the right direction. Need feed back!!!!

If its not needed I can get on with cutting wood & watching telly.

Stewart

Stewart

You know my thoughts on this issue mate and like I've said before, I will not join until a certain person is no longer involved with the committee.

Ragscaff
Don't worry mate it just takes time for the word to get out but it will happen.
Ordered a t-shirt mate but can't remember how long it said for delivery ?

You may be the one I am waiting on size & region!!!

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

If i join sccr what will be different Will you be able to stop the safety men picking on scaffolders the easy target Will you be able to stop the site agents thretening to red card you because you pulled the tag on a scaffolder that his mate has made unsafe Will you be a voice for scaffolders Prime example a safety man asked what i thought of the step system i pointed out to him that it is now unsafe to work on step ladders inside but is now safe to word 50ft up in the air on one olso that its against manual handeling to over streach because no matter the lift height its always a 2 meters stretch standing on a step ladder to put the next handrail in I got pulled to one side and told to stop arguing with a safety man Let me ask you Are you going in to this to stop unexperianced peaple making up stupid legislation that in the long run will ruin our health IF THIS IS SO THEN IME DEFFINETLY INTERESTED Sorry for the rant but ime getting sick of the fu&(s making the rules up as they go along Olso open a summer sckool to help me with my spelling

The scaff step is going to be banned!! It is dangerous & does not contorm to any working procedures. We will work to the views of the working scaffolder.

At the end of the day if you can't make a days wage you can't think safe!!

Stewart!!

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

wheres my t shirt

In the post when ordered & paid for :D

apologies noted for Canadian inadequacies,what's a scaffstep,UK tends to lead the curve for scaffolding innovation,H&S here has to have suspension trauma explained to them,so if you guys are fighting an innovative fuckup called "scaffstep" Canadian H&S will soon be torturing us with it

what a pain they are too if your lift bigger than 6ft short fuc*ers like me cant get the handrail on.but yet where still expected to carry double lanyards

Top Bottom