how long to do this

allan666

Reaction score
i have been erecting 4 scaffolds for asbestos removal which need to be sheeted in , no hi abs or fork lifts are allowed on site so we couldnt use kentlage blocks to weigh them down . the designer has decided we need to use tube intead , 125 continuos in the base and 54 continuos on the roof .this comes to over 2000 21 foot tubes and a good few hundred shorter.over a thousand of these are on the back of the job so have to be walked over a hundred foot and includes passing them through a window .a few hundred of these need passed up onto the roof .the ones put in the base need to be passed in from the end cos of the bay sizes . the 2 scaffolds on the front still have quite a walk to them and one of them is between 2 walls so will be an absolute nightmare . how long should a squad of three take to do this . i will post later how many hours i have been given to do this and erect the four scaffolds , cheers lads

fookin hell thats a hard 1 3 weeks but really fook nos all how long is a peice of string mate how fast do u walk and so on ill bet you only got somthin like 160 hrs ?????????????

Get yourself a few local bums and pay them £20 each to do it ;)

No names mentioned but i knew a lad who use to round up 15 - 16 year old school boys and get them to bunk of school and use them as cheap labour he used to cruise the schools like a paedophile :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dont get tied into any completion dates and cover your backside and do it on hours surely the job was designed and thought about prior to acceptance. thats some walk .

i havnt got a choice i m supposed to be on price work , or as they put it target work . i m getting really pi$$ed off with it now , im doing much more work for less money .i have worked price work for years and always consider myself fast but these are being ridiculous. i will post later exactly what hours and rate im getting for this .

get some foreigners off the street and give them zero ppe. £20 a day sounds good.

Price work should run on tonnage. A price for how much weight is moved to how far. As you know some carry more than others & more at different speeds.

Seen jobs like this with barrels round them filled with water then surrounded by tube to stop them being emptied :blink:

Get yourself a few local bums and pay them £20 each to do it ;)

No names mentioned but i knew a lad who use to round up 15 - 16 year old school boys and get them to bunk of school and use them as cheap labour he used to cruise the schools like a paedophile

Hahahaha, was it Scaffy? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

go to the gaffer and say how long is a piece of string tell you what if you carry the canterledge ill know how to do it next time then watch his face.

Top Bottom