How do you get on a scaff step ?

Mike is that guy for real, you shoulda asked him to show you how he does it. IMHO, its an unsafe practise and to be instructed to do so by an employer or his agent is contrary to the employers duty of care to his employees and to the public.

Most dangerous thing that we have been asked to do, hemp over a handrail!!

:wacko:

no ones gana upset you mike weve seen your avitar lol!!!

I see them as very dangerous, but I would never be able to use them because my knees are f***ed. Do I have to get a now job!!!

Been scaffolding 20 years!! What am I going to re-train at 46?

Tunnelling is safe. I know the legislations says its not due to the open edge but you still have to do your job!
:cry:
what scaff walks off the edge , were supposed to know these things.

Nobody is forcing anybody to use a safety step.

In fact, nobody is forcing anybody to work to SG4:10!

If it's your employers policy to use the step and/or work to SG4:10 and you don't like it, then go and work for someone else. People are forever posting on this forum about 'other firms' not using the SS or AGR - Why not go and work for them? - Slashing up house-fronts for £80 a day.

There was a (former) member of this forum spouting off about some amazing new alloy AGR system a week or two ago. Praise for this 'amazing' peice of kit was coming from all angles! If it's so good, then use that. There are also a variety of other useless and overpriced AGR systems available. Take your pick.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Nope, didn't think so....

you need another holiday phill fooking hell man take a chill pill your end up like me

Re last post.A lot of the major construction companies are insisting on scaffs using the step system so firms have to comply to get on the big contracts.We had to use them two years on a big job in Liverpool.It took two days to get the steps as no one had them in stock!!

Weigh them in. There's good money for Ali. Well some might have to make their moneys up.

Thats the thing. You do not have a choice when construction companies decide you have to do things a certain way. Sometimes there is no point in producing method statements because they won't let you work to them.

As I have said before the easiest, safest way is to work off your boarded section by advance tunnelling.

No out lay & you use the gear thats on the lorry!!
:D

Top Bottom