How do they get away with it!

• Thread starter southernpoofter
  • Start date
Theres a correct way to Bomb and a shiite way.
Even though its 'not allowed', if you have to you can work safely while being officially 'unsafe'.

How hard is it to barrier the area off?
How hard is it to keep the noise down and NOT insult everyone?
How hard is it to drop the gear down a few lifts to someone who has half a brain and can catch it?

Not hard at all... and i would not slow the job down 1 bit, except the initial 10 minutes of the morning setting it up.

Acting like a Caveman dont make you a better 'Street' Scaffolder, just like being a prancing, super-famanine, fairy dont make you a better Hairdresser, does it?

Sunday morning 7.00am knock the fu ck out of it and gone by 10am thats the only way to do a job like that on the street :)

Agreed Sunday is the busiest day of the week now all the shops are open, the earlier the start the sooner your in the pub

Plenty street lights in a town centre, and don't give me the old offshore answer about shadows, I did years of night shift on and off shore no problem.:cool:

Seen a major company stripping a job in the Toon, where they had a 40 yd skip, and their gear was getting bombed into it, NASC members as well, they did have a wee cordon on the footpath though, a 5ft wrapped on the outside std.

I hope they made them sort it out in the yard when they got back.:eek:

We use either the red plastic barriers or just erect solid tube round the job but when you do that it's a cant getting it to the truck. Doesn't matter how you do it there is always some smart ass climbing over under to get where they want to be and you just know they would be the first one's to call claims direct.:mad:

Many years ago we were transferred from Mills scaffolding Bradford to work for their Dundee branch stripping a Crudens site in Lochee, the first day we were on site Crudens roped off an area at the bottom of the 30.00m block and tipped wagon loads of sand for us to bomb into, this procedure happened every day we were there and seeing we were on price work the 4 of us made a fortune, when we came back down south and tried to get it implemented here we were told in no uncertain terms where to go.

GM, how much would you pay for the good old days return. I know there were plenty to be ashamed off but.............:love:

I would say I'm half and half, there is a lot we could take from the old days but fear and litigation prevents us.

Many years ago we were transferred from Mills scaffolding Bradford to work for their Dundee branch stripping a Crudens site in Lochee, the first day we were on site Crudens roped off an area at the bottom of the 30.00m block and tipped wagon loads of sand for us to bomb into, this procedure happened every day we were there and seeing we were on price work the 4 of us made a fortune, when we came back down south and tried to get it implemented here we were told in no uncertain terms where to go.

Thats where my Seaside holiday went then........Barstewards will pinch owt.

Seen a major company stripping a job in the Toon, where they had a 40 yd skip, and their gear was getting bombed into it, NASC members as well, they did have a wee cordon on the footpath though, a 5ft wrapped on the outside std.

Fu ck dragging a skip around with you , it must have been a bitch getting it on and of the lorry :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Was a Drops lorry, mate .Detatable Roll On Off Platform System.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Lucky Cockney ***** v:eek:

FFS, get over it.:D

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

and we knew it was a cable lift.:cool:

Go on Sturridge , Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGDxe9q9Ir4]Chelsea FC Song - Blue Day - YouTube[/ame]

It's at times like this I am glad I am totally illiterate when it comes to these computers and adding links or no doubt the police would be banging my door down for inciting religious hatred for treating you all to a few songs from my team.:eek:

I was never afraid to show my ignorance and see no reason to change now so what the feck is a Cent?

It's at times like this I am glad I am totally illiterate when it comes to these computers and adding links or no doubt the police would be banging my door down for inciting religious hatred for treating you all to a few songs from my team.:eek:

Fair point Bro.....I would never ever take it to the next level....just pisstake here........and if any of theese Cockneys want a go....we will meet them at 'Scotch Corner' the same place where PTG murdered and ate 'Boroscaff';)

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

I was never afraid to show my ignorance and see no reason to change now so what the feck is a Cent?

If i insert a u between C and N i end up wit **** you silly billy you Doh:D

Top Bottom