how did you get into scaffolding?

Well I havent been on the tools for the last 10 years. Have covered a good few miles over the years.Out in Australia for the past year but the LNG project is coming to a close in the next month. they have offered me some work running a maintainance job down south but would be bored out of my skull. Probably will go back to the Gulf.

Are they putting any big power line installation in near where you at, there is a lad from our village over in oz doing a power line job either near to or actually installing it towards a salt mine or something like a mine of some sort

Came out london docks due to closesure,SGB Barking depot labouring,38yrs on still at it,although i work with a yellow pages book stuck up the back of my shirt.

To be fair he does have a few shops to get round.;)

My old man worked for SGB his one brother worked UBM & the other worked for Lansdown, unfortunately my future was marked, lol was in lorry's & yards from a very small age,

Started on Lansdown when i was 14 & still hard at it

started at 15 got kicked out of school and worked on weekends for 2 - 3 years in my dads m8 yard oiling fittings(the proper way wind fully unwind fully)sort boards split,rotton ect got burnt had some good fires to keep warm in winter.was labourer for 3 years then got tickets in 2002 best thing ever did

got asked if i wanted to do three days scaffold labouring for good money,back in 1987,been doing it ever since,have tried to get out a few times,but always come back to it,its like a drug,once you start,you cant stop.:D

i chucked it an got a hnd in media technology , but as soon as i got out of college the money/travel lured me back in , for all my moaning i do on this forum , I LOVE SCAFFOLDING, I REALLY FUCKIN DO

I got a hnd in printing, couldn't get a job after but was twirling on a weekend anyways from about 16 so it was natural I just went into scaffolding instead.

Somehow I always knew my vocation in life would be to work with kids from the "other bus":nuts:

Top Bottom