how did you get into scaffolding?

plumbing aprentichip fell threw after 4 year no nvq assesor and 2 year working for nothing. got asked to labour for a frim me bro was on whent from nothing to 500-600 a week doing 7 12's was great. all 4 of us fell in to it ither no brains for out eles other than lumping or dragged in to it love the job wouldent do out eles dont think i could sit there and or take any sh1t with out getting the sack ahhaha lol :nuts:

Wanted to wear a belt with Tools hanging off it, and rolling about mortal saying " Look at me am a Scaff ". :D

Got paid off from my Warehouseman job, 6 days before my 18th birthday, so needed some money for my 'Big legit boozy bash' walked by a job with blokes joining pipes,clamps and putting on Battens. Asked for a Job, started on the Monday...........33 years down the line.:D:D:D

left school & joined the army, when my time was up found myself as a civi but missed the comaradary of my mates and drifted into building site work,then into scaffolding, blokes are the same although the crack is harder to have now,with the reccession and all the saftey, wages used to be a big attraction but now are only average,even sainsbury lorry drivers earn more than us, but cant do anything else now

i got into the game in 76 thru my dad coz i joined the army straight from school done my basic training , started my trade training as a armourer tech then found out it was only fooking bomb disposal , i was out of there pretty fast, im still on the spanners now 35 years later and have seen some changes , for the worst might i add

My girlfriend of the times dad was manager at UBM Oxford & needed a labourer for two weeks in the summer.That was 28 yrs ago,still going at it.Love the job.

No.fecked her off long ago,but the old man set up on his own & I still work for him.

Me dad was a scaff he was in the pub by 2pm every day always had a nice car and motorbike.. I thort fleck me I'm having some of that.. That was 30 years ago... How wrong was I ???

Labouring for Mowlem on the RAF base Machrihanish with a lot of older men when the site agent came in to the shack and said he wanted a volunteer to go and do some new fandangled scaffold course, all the guy's took one step back and left me standing like a fud.:embarrest:

what do you do, youre expelled from school, all youre friends, the top boys are scaffolders, youve got no qualifications, and they ask you do you want to be a scaffolder. **** yes il ave some of that, and here i still am.

Met a guy in a pub a year ago who asked me "do you fancy managing a big scaffolding contract out in Australia?"
I thought " well I know fu&k all about scaffolding but how hard can it be? Might as well have a crack at it its only fixing poles and clamps together"

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Are you still on it Allan?

got in to the game after geting the sack from my last job never looked bk since love the job we av a few grasses on are firm to littal s**ts

Was just a tongue in cheek reply HSWT because like me nearly everyone has been doing it for years thats posted so far , How long have you been on the tools or involved with scaffolding I take it A Year was a Lie :laugh:

HaHa missed that post bud , but noticed you been scaffolding 34 yrs, which means you been doing it almost as long as I have been on this planet, So as you state you are a travelling man offshore or on shore I take it you have covered some miles both land and air miles that is .:eek:

Top Bottom