High Winds & Scaffold

Don't shoot me down, guys, and I'm sure this is a daft question but thought I'd ask anyway :embarrest:.

Considering the forecast today - gusts of up to 70mph, particularly up north, is all scaffold put up to handle adverse weather?

What happened during the hurricane of 1987?

Haven't you lot heard, those clever people from the EU have changed the weather now with the new EUROPEAN WIND CODE.
Apparently, according to NASC in their alert to all members in a letter on 10th November,the European wind code has cocked up TG20:08 tables and any scaffold using certain tables 29-31 and others now shouldn't be used.
Don't worry though,The NASC are on it. They are reviewing it and will get back to us shortly.In the meantime weve been told the tables can be determined from the first principles.That's ok then , problem solved. Once I understand this,I will start erecting our scaffolds to suit. Until I do, I better get our lads to get what we have up stripped as it may take me a while to find out what it means and I don't want anything to fall over with these new wind speeds or get on the wrong side of my customers.
Clever people these EU bods, wish I could change the winds when I wanted,I could detour them when we are erecting temporary roofs. I wonder if they have taken this into consideration since one blew down 50 miles from their brussels office this summer.Or was that an embarrassment best ignored.

Predicting environmental conditions can be akin to Russian roulette---with the Atlantic Conveyer Gulf Stream moving South this in turn pulls down the colder and somewhat stronger air currents from the North---I wonder if some one could engineer in some kind of louver system into the sheeting, I know that the toggles yield at a particular stress level and tie patterns have to be enhanced---however, what other Loss Prevention Strategies could be employed ???.

Top Bottom