high way to heaven

Hmmm a croydon boy that knows martial arts thought ud be popular on here mate lol

As long as he's not a Palace supporter he should do ok.

Those Palace fans, they love them, they follow them, they're Palace because that's the way they like it :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Might not be later fred just had a call ;) that's good about british gas boys incidently do you need any background/qualifications for the nebosh diploma? Or a career in health and saftey??

Better not let Joebag hear you asking lol. In answer to your question bobby, no just a couple of grand to pay for it. There's a bit of study required though and it's by no means an 'appearance' course, if you know what I mean.

bene looking at the prices of nebosh etc for health and saftey i do not want to be doing this after 40 only as a hobbie lol

Better not let Joebag hear you asking lol. In answer to your question bobby, no just a couple of grand to pay for it. There's a bit of study required though and it's by no means an 'appearance' course, if you know what I mean.

What me better not ask joebag??????? :huh:

And yep that's what I thought myself someone pointing me in the wrong way for change ill give him a dig tmrw :)

What me better not ask joebag??????? :huh:

And yep that's what I thought myself someone pointing me in the wrong way for change ill give him a dig tmrw :)

Coz he verbally tore the OP a new one for being an H&S man. :toung:

Bobby dont test me ;), no problems with a scaff going down the h and s route, in fact where in desperate need of blokes with years behind them going on jobs and giving informative instructions and updating new safety issues.....

its the two day womble brigade that rubs my rubarb, he actually comes across very genuine yet I guarantee you he will sh1t bricks when he gives bad advice through lack of experience and hes up in court defending it....

.I can explain why from years of experience, he cant explain how because hes never done it....got my three day airplane exam monday so will be in air traffic control at gatwick for xmas directing flights,,,,

, just because someone tells you your qualified and gives you a shiny badge doesnt help you when the sh1t starts getting real, get a job you know how to do that if you fail blokes lives and livelyhoods dont depend on it !

Bobby dont test me ;), no problems with a scaff going down the h and s route, in fact where in desperate need of blokes with years behind them going on jobs and giving informative instructions and updating new safety issues.....

its the two day womble brigade that rubs my rubarb, he actually comes across very genuine yet I guarantee you he will sh1t bricks when he gives bad advice through lack of experience and hes up in court defending it....

.I can explain why from years of experience, he cant explain how because hes never done it....got my three day airplane exam monday so will be in air traffic control at gatwick for xmas directing flights,,,,

, just because someone tells you your qualified and gives you a shiny badge doesnt help you when the sh1t starts getting real, get a job you know how to do that if you fail blokes lives and livelyhoods dont depend on it !

Rubs my rubarb ill use that one joe quality lol

And yes for the first time we are in complete agreement mate I don't by any means agree with office bods looking after a building site and yep I've seen it when they walk around the site like the terminator thinking there the bollox but soon as the shlt hits the fan and probs in the REAL world occurs then most of them aint worth a w@nk whereas a scaffolder KNOWS what he's doing and CAN handle it,

They remind me of refs in football games when you see the players screaming at em, and the only reason why they react so is because the ref reads from a book whereas if he played the game he would know certains things should go on if you know what I mean same thing applies

I had respect for the guy laying his cards on the table and coming to the guys that know rather than quoting lines from a manual that invariably, are misinterpreted. That or are followed so stringently and to the letter that common sense and employing one's own discretion are not considered.

I agree completely about the d*cks that have done the two day inspection course but it wouldn't occur to most of those plums to ask us as they obviously know better. They've got the card to prove it.

Ask yourself this though, if any of us were to go into H&S, how much best practice and trade specific safety issues would we know about say, 16th edition Electrician's work other than common sense and what you learn on nebosh courses etc?

Morning all,

thought I'd drop in and see how the dust settled...:rolleyes:

Never said I did a 2 day course....

Did a weeks course taught by Ken Cain
- Wow, a whole week you say & that makes you that much better than a two day fool...! - (no it taught me that I need to listen, because I am not a scaffolder & there's sh*t loads more to erecting lifts than polishing a wrench or holding a bl**dy boat level)

Please see attached just a couple of more shots from the scaffold I offended with...
The scaffold was only tied to one end, once (originally) at the top.

Turns out an internal scaffold was put up by the eastern block labour, and was condemned right off by the scaffold co, who suspected their scaffold was being played with too... (last 2 shots)

Again the site was sh*t hole & scaffold was a priority, cos as you guy's say if your stuff aint right people die...

No fire ext extinguishers/ routes/ no lights at all & blocked access
Open voids (30 ft drop) with upstanding meter long rebar to cuddle below
Scaffold used as the storage depot
Girlfriends walking alone around site & scaffold with no PPE what so ever

Just a few of the fun things that day, but I came to you to talk about scaffold, not to bore you...

Until next time, hopefully many scaffolds down the line!

Steve

Attachments

• CIMG8874.jpg
    CIMG8874.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 19
  • CIMG8884.jpg
    CIMG8884.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 23
  • CIMG8911.jpg
    CIMG8911.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 19
  • CIMG8798.jpg
    CIMG8798.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 20
  • CIMG8795.jpg
    CIMG8795.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 18
Mmmmmm, indeed. What was the name of this course that took you a week to complete and is it affiliated to cisrs?

The job is almost as big a mess as the site appears to be.

Top Bottom