high way to heaven

Aikironin

Reaction score
Hi all,

just came back from site & have just a small issue with a scaffold...

First picture speaks for itself
second is the fix to the problem...

Please see pix attached

Thoughts?
:blink:
Steve

Attachments

• CIMG8878.jpg
    CIMG8878.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 206
  • CIMG0440.jpg
    CIMG0440.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 197
Another Main Contractor failing to provide a firm level base?

I think you need to worry about the state of the site that more a danger than the scaffold I bet nothing said about that though

Don't step over the s.hit to run to the scaffold!!!!!

Looks like laziness to me..........typical building site crap
As the scaffold is erected with conventional tube & fitting the width could have been adjusted to suit the foundations
As a minimum (assuming the scaffold stays up) they should be fitting supplementary standards alongside onto hte concrete/hard ground

That's not goin anywhere in a hurry. Slow day at the office mate?

Heaven Help me

Hi Guy's, cheers for the replies,

To clarify:
I'm a tradesman turned Health & Safety Office cos of a FArk'd back, (I'm not one of those H&S uni muppets who grow in vats & avoid sun light...)

I did the CISRS scaffold inspectors course a year ago & know I 'know nuffink' in the real scaffold world, I can spot the obvious & ref up on things, but I don't have your experience & ability to see beyond this.
Hence me coming to the font of all knowledge & asking those that know...
(let the ribbing begin, I can feel it already! :blink1:)

Not going anywhere-
I was a bit uncomfortable with it, was considering getting it struck & re-put back up.
My problem is that the oliy rags on site keep playing with the scaffold, & not asking the mechanic to come & make alterations...
But the scaffold company has come to site & done a bit of work & scaf tagged it.

For Def laziness,
Response I got was 'the ground was covered in Hard core & rubble & such when this was built!!!!!' - That's a lazy site manager & a scaffold co who should know better... Oh my word- lord help me

Main contractor-yeap lazy, tight so & so no doubt
The site looked like Beirut on a bad day & I've had to smash them hard to get some other dangerous stuff sorted.

I did get supplementary standards alongside all but this one floating standard...

So Guy's I thought I check my concerns with you & try and learn a little more.
it's a 2 story structure, approx ninty feet long, tied in at the top
Will be up for approx another 3 months max.

regards
Steve

if you were so concerned why did it take a month to post the picture?? or is the date wrong on the camera?

sorry stand corrected, just seen second date, best part of 2 weeks is far better ;)

what trade?????? and do you find your self posting pictures on a brikies forum of brikies jobs or of chipps jobs or roofers? or have you just picked on the scaffolders again easy target. lets get yan thing straight we are the back bone of the construction industry with outs us and with this stupidity h and saftey law not to mention the scaffold inspection courses there wouldnt be a feking industry would they. any how do you find your self targeting the scaffolder over other trades?, do you think its right you have a scaffolders insection course when you have said this ''I did the CISRS scaffold inspectors course a year ago & know I 'know nuffink' in the real scaffold world, I can spot the obvious & ref up on things, but I don't have your experience & ability to see beyond this.'' do you find your self arguing and quoting reg to scaffolders and not buding because its in your glossy book, your not the only 1 they all it i suppose its like us scaffolder going on a 2 day health and saftey course and coming in and telling you how to do you job. the thing we get pulled up on are constant with some no it all reading regs from a book. any how rant over be nice to here the opinions form over the fence welcome to the scaffs forum marra ;)

That's the whole problem any tom **** or Harry can go do an inspection course who obviously has got a fecking clue wot he's talking about and go on site and give scaffolders grief boils my **** that like

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. You will usually find that the scaffs are no different to any other trade and will see most things from the same prospective. Your pictures look rough, but if you want to make a difference to this site get them to do a bit of housekeeping preferably before they tell the scaffolder they are ready for them. A picture of the whole scaffold would give us a better feel for how good or bad the job is.

That's because there nothing wrong with the rest of the job like marra said easy target probaly just one standard there is to fault wow we don't give up day job

This thread is a wind-up surely,Terminology all wrong

"I was a bit uncomfortable with it, was considering getting it struck & re-put back up.
My problem is that the oliy rags on site keep playing with the scaffold, & not asking the mechanic to come & make alterations."

"struck & re-put back up". Struck and re-erected

Ronin....a samurai without a master ?...well seens as your lost in the world. ...your back fuked and your genuinely looking for some guidance and direction....

FUK OFF YOU GRASSING RAT BSTARD, GET A JOB WHERE YOU CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY RATHER THAN LEACH OFF YOUR FELLOW MAN AND WHEN YOU GET HOME TONIGHT DONT FORGET TO TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND WHAT A FUKIN HERO YOUVE JUST BEEN......RAT !

Ronin....a samurai without a master ?...well seens as your lost in the world. ...your back fuked and your genuinely looking for some guidance and direction....

FUK OFF YOU GRASSING RAT BSTARD, GET A JOB WHERE YOU CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY RATHER THAN LEACH OFF YOUR FELLOW MAN AND WHEN YOU GET HOME TONIGHT DONT FORGET TO TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND WHAT A FUKIN HERO YOUVE JUST BEEN......RAT !

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sort of caught me unawares with that one Joe.
Sterling work my man.

Top Bottom