Help

Thanx again guys I will read all links posted. I honestly had no intention of leaving this company as he has a squad if guys there. It was more the getting sent to a job for months on end that was 180 mike daily round trip which I had to use my own car for. I got expenses but didn't cover fuel ever mind where and tear yes stledger they where recently recruiting.im gonna contact the directer tomorow. Say to him il seek legal advice and if I'm liable il come to an arangnent. The other thing is he say aprenticeship didn't end till augast but I was out myself with a labourer from late feb.will this make a difference. And thanx again guys.all comments be they in my favour or not are very much appreciated. I'm not a fly by night I'm jst an honest grafter who want a honest living

Just tell this erse to get tae. We all have to train men, who really gives a fcuk if they leave just get another one in. People move jobs all the time, not always easy but the world won't stop turning.

Thanx again guys I will read all links posted. I honestly had no intention of leaving this company as he has a squad if guys there. It was more the getting sent to a job for months on end that was 180 mike daily round trip which I had to use my own car for. I got expenses but didn't cover fuel ever mind where and tear yes stledger they where recently recruiting.im gonna contact the directer tomorow. Say to him il seek legal advice and if I'm liable il come to an arangnent. The other thing is he say aprenticeship didn't end till augast but I was out myself with a labourer from late feb.will this make a difference. And thanx again guys.all comments be they in my favour or not are very much appreciated. I'm not a fly by night I'm jst an honest grafter who want a honest living

So he was putting you to work when you didn't have the necessary training . Tell him you will be using this as your defence for leaving in a court of law if that's the route he wants to go.

I finished final assessment on the Friday and was out with a labourer on the Monday but he is saying apprenticeship did not finish till over 6 months later

Just tell this erse to get tae. We all have to train men, who really gives a fcuk if they leave just get another one in. People move jobs all the time, not always easy but the world won't stop turning.

That attitude really surprises me Al. i know ve managed to get all your youngones through the courses fully funded so its not ur mney directly that uve lost. But there must have been guys uve had on that have come out of ur pocket - i take it a little to personnally myself when i get mugged off - morally if u make.a.deal to pay it back then why nt do so...if the lad wants to go earn better money elsewhere than i dont hold that against anyone, but if he moneys hat good then why not pay back .

Under THE TRAINING REFUND AGREEMENT DURING EMPLOYMENT is designed for employers who wish to make an offer to pay all or a proportion of an employees fees for training course it is suited for situations where the training is long term,in particular qualifications training such as degrees diplomas nvqs and so fourth,so basically what iam saying to you struan do not go to court because I would say your training programme would have been set out for long term employment on the companies benefit for having trained and competent men on site my advice to you is try and resolve this matter without going to court a lot of people think as soon as they have qualifications that their training is over your contract of training with any individual company is over when the amount of time served after training on the sliding scale effect which companies look for at least 18 months after training they trained you up looking for at least 18 months contract after all grades was reached be careful struan and do not go to court you can google up TRAINING REFUND AGREEMENT all major companies use these employment guidelines good luck mucker

& people question why companies arnt putting guys through the system. Its no wonder when you pay for the course, food &:accom,transport & wages for the duration & once the guys get their ticket they fvck off & dont wanna honour their part of the deal that was struck to put em through it

I know of one firm who put lads on courses, but let them pay for it weekly before going on the course. It seems to work. If they go elsewhere nobody loses. The firm who put them on the course now don't have the hassle of pay demands because of a 2 week course, and it cost them nowt. The new cardholder, albeit out of pocket, can earn more elsewhere without having anymore experience apart from 2 weeks in a classroom.

Wot a cracking idea...spose if he leages b4 doin the course hes got a xtra few quid in his pocket....still u need to trust ur boss to do what he sez lol

Steelcityciwboy I have googled n read this tgere for emailed old boss today n asked if we could come to an agree ment. I asked him for a figure after holiday pay owed and time worked since training ended has been taken into account. I will not be able to pay this in one payment but honoring he is willing to let me pay him up. Iv no set out to bump or mug any1 off. Jst one of those things. You live you learn. Said to mrs even if I work every Sunday and just set up a standing order to out my Sundays money into his acount untill iv paid him off. Thanks guys once again for your help and confirming iv chosen the right trade where bar the odd **** we club together and help each other out

Steelcityciwboy I have googled n read this tgere for emailed old boss today n asked if we could come to an agree ment. I asked him for a figure after holiday pay owed and time worked since training ended has been taken into account. I will not be able to pay this in one payment but honoring he is willing to let me pay him up. Iv no set out to bump or mug any1 off. Jst one of those things. You live you learn. Said to mrs even if I work every Sunday and just set up a standing order to out my Sundays money into his acount untill iv paid him off. Thanks guys once again for your help and confirming iv chosen the right trade where bar the odd **** we club together and help each other out

speak to a lawman, normally free for first half hour, nowt to lose, everything to gain. they don't bite !!!

All the best struan could you give me the dates of your courses and time served with this company because he might try and take all back by not using the sliding scale percentage because if you took your part 1 with this company over 18 months ago then you owe this man nothing and if iam correct I think between part one and part 2 is 12 months so if you give me your dates on courses albeit if there is 3 course he put you through then I can calculate what he can deduct off you, and to anyone else reading this thread before you sign a contract along with the training programme always check the small print of T&C
ps struan as this company withheld any of your pay or holiday entitlements because if you have agreed to pay this company 50 quid a week lets say by direct debit you are not in breech of your training programme but then this is where the tables could turn in your favour because then you could take him to a small claims court for unlawful deductions let me know steelcity.

STRUAN i am just on this one tonight but you should have fecked the cuunt off
That outfit are a fecking disgrace they had guys on BEECHAMS slaving for a cuunt who was self employed but a favourite.They were all on BROO/INCOME SUPPORT with a few quid extra to get them working while punting Paddys up to a guy who was self employed and on a price.He gave the guys feck all as did the company in question all they got was the wee bit extra from the broo.
We asked what kind of CHRISTMAS BONUS we would get as he had just spent x amaount on Irvine Vics Juniors reaching a cup final to be told feck all.
THIS COMPANY TRAIN NO ONE UNLESS THEY HAVE A GRANT
THEY DISPUTE ANY MEASURE MEN PUT IN AND GO THROUGH MORE MEN THAN A THAI BROTHEL ;)

Lo happyhugenoet by the sounds of this company looks like the men need to wear tin pants sounds like he is a shafter but reading between the lines I would say this company is more than money hungry not only for cheap labour but in screwing men even after they leave this person he probably gets them to sign a contract longer than an Egyptian scroll and we have all done it NEVER READ THE SMALL PRINT because we all have one goal and that is to better ourselves I hope he doesn't have to give him a dime back but if in is contract he signed under terms of the training refund agreement he is pretty much fecked at least with this thread men will be enlightened into given this outfit a side swerve but with the state of this countries economy a lot of people are getting stichted all the best scc.

Stella city iv not been on for a while il look out exact dates I went on courses and post. They still use guys from the broo they get 75 percent of there wages paid fir 6 months n after the. 6 months they bump them and get another load. He lost beechams to Pyeroy. The worst thing is he has some reAly good men. His turn over of men is reAly high.

Top Bottom