Health & safety a joke

To be honest,perhaps thats what I should have done,I did think oh well,rumanians. Bothered!:eek:h:

Your first action is to stop them being a danger to themselves or others. You don't have to walk away and then phone the authorities.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

The Hitler videos are all about scaffolding and members of this forum. My personal favourite is the Palmers announce lay offs one.

Send us a link eh?

the big push offshore for the last few years is all ABOUT INTERVENTION
i have been on a very good course which is run by an Ex Scaffolder.
The way to look at it is YOU COULD INTERVENE AND THEN STOP AN INCIDENT,or Phone the HSE.COUNCIL OR POLIS WHO TURN UP AFTER THE INCIDENT HAS HAPPENED.
SAVE A LIFE or Get someone fecked over;)

First of all can I say I don't like grassing! I firmly believe if you can get away with it then go for it but at the same time wouldn't do it if it was putting other people in danger as these guys were doing!
They were working 35ft up replacing the hip tiles directly above the pavement on a busy high road full of shops!
The ally tower had no handrail and 1 board half way up!
Now I feel that's taking the pixx and if I had stopped and spoke to them they wouldn't stop but thought the council would have done something!
If I put a scaffold on the pavement I have to pay for a licence, be fully insured up to 10 mill and make sure the men have full Ppe and do a tidy job!
Now I admit I was probably prejudiced as they were foreigners but the real blame goes to the shopkeeper who employed them as they were willing to risk there loves and others as he wasn't prepared to pay for scaffolding as I'm sure all others would have quoted for!

the big push offshore for the last few years is all ABOUT INTERVENTION
i have been on a very good course which is run by an Ex Scaffolder.
The way to look at it is YOU COULD INTERVENE AND THEN STOP AN INCIDENT,or Phone the HSE.COUNCIL OR POLIS WHO TURN UP AFTER THE INCIDENT HAS HAPPENED.
SAVE A LIFE or Get someone fecked over;)

Ha!! Thats a great joke there lad.

Go upto a few random workers when walking down the street, tell them your there to 'intervene' like some have a go hero, expect a game of knuckles, or at the least a bucket load of abuse.

Maybe when were offshore and you cant say boo to a goose like through fear of the dreaded not required back, you can walk around like a pretend safety rep.
Not on the average street job.

Sorry like, but your talking crap eh?

Grassing

A term used by low-lives, and often the criminal classes to intimidate lawful and up-standing citizens that have a respect for the law and the b*lls to stand up to the bullies of our society.

This threads a joke now,as most are more concerned with someone reporting a dangerous situation. NO action taken by barnet council,who are more concerned with dishing out parking tickets.
I wonder how Barnet council would have responded to an injury or death,especially when there had been a warning call from an experienced pro.
Indeed, Health and safty is a joke.

Health and Safety

Is Not a Joke

The interpretation and application of the legislation currently in force, by half trained incompetent so called professionals IS.

Health and Safety

Is Not a Joke

The interpretation and application of the legislation currently in force, by half trained incompetent so called professionals IS.

Good reply like.
But, how many places you worked where hse was followed correctly? to the letter? how it should be? how they say it is, when its clearly not?

A few bordering on hardly any eh.
Only health and safety when it suits those enforcing it.
Those enforcing it are the ones who have made the joke of it.
Nowt we can do, but go along with it.

Good reply like.
But, how many places you worked where hse was followed correctly? to the letter? how it should be? how they say it is, when its clearly not?

Good post. There are a few jobs where it is followed by the book. But too many cases where health and safety figures are manipulated to give a good impression.

Good reply like.

I know thou definitely not Jason.

LAD EH
i do not ponse around pretending to be a safety rep as i for one dont really buy into the PRETENCE that is HSE
I couldnt really care less if a couple of roofers feel that they are safe enough on a roof with no edge protection as i have pulled gear up on a rope(uncertified as well) to erect saddles on tenement roofs 70ft up with only a cast iron gutter and my foot propped against it to stop me from sliding off a slate roof AND AS THE GOOD BOOK STATES LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.
i was only stating the latest programmes offshore SON;)

My apologies.
No offence intended, just trying to answer the post with a solid reply like.

Top Bottom