Health & safety a joke

What if they don't speak the lingo :)

Everyone speaks English. You have to do a test at Heathrow and Dover if you are foreign .

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

"Dont Walk By" - an old Interserve H&S promo logo

Walk on By .....an old Dionne Warwick song

Burnt Oak my neck of the woods. Surprised the tower was not nicked when they was on the roof.

on private land its up to the individual contractor
i have a grudge against roofers putting up their own shambles but they get away with it because its on private land this may be only in scotland i dont know

BUT I STILL WOULDNT GRASS
BLAME MY DA FOR THAT ITS WAS HIM THAT INSTALLED THAT IN ME
AND I HOPE HE IS LOOKING DOWN ON ME AND SAYING THANK FECK MY BOYS NO A GRASS;)

I drove past some UPVC guys today working off ladder platforms. No handrails or anything and the ladders not footed at all. How do they get away with this?

maybe common sense is prevailing at times but if only this would pass on to the bigger main cointractors who have bought into the tg and sg ;)
SCAFFOLDERS ARE HEIGHT WORKERS
NOT WORKERS AT HEIGHT

Fecking hell if you had mentioned they were Eastern Europeans in your first post you wouldn't have got all the stick about being a grass

Ha, thats a decent joke lad.
Shame i think your being serious, does it matter where the doyles are from?
They are working in a fashion, where we'd be pinched by the hse, if we did it.

Scaffolders are easy targets.
Shows the hse aint worth the papar its written on like.

Ha, thats a decent joke lad.
Shame i think your being serious, does it matter where the doyles are from?
They are working in a fashion, where we'd be pinched by the hse, if we did it.

Scaffolders are easy targets.
Shows the hse aint worth the papar its written on like.

That's the point I was being serious , just look at every other thread on here if your not British then your scum. The irony is that the people that think that probably don't realise their grandparents fought a little Austrian bloke a few decades ago who thought the same.

Just because our part of the industry has so many restrictions there is no reason to take it out on others.
Are you going to start grassing up all the street scaffs next?
In my opinion if people can get away with something and get an easier life then fair play.
I have no time for grasses.

if you wana be a grass work for seesa there the biggest grassing bandits on the planet:bigsmile: as for porter think hes was saying in hes defence that why should scaffolders be hit on all the time why other contractors get a way with murder if you didnt porter join seesa lol!!

Last edited:
He looks short in your videos

Yes that's the impression the British gave. They did the same with Napoleon Bonaparte and Dennis Wise. They wanted the public to think they were all punchy short arses when in reality they were all strapping six footers

He was a short one. About 5'7", roughly.
So they say.

Hitler videos?? whats that got to do with scaffolding like?
Ha, freddy (if i can call you that) your a wiz on these computers eh?
Pretty decent lad, pretty decent.

I had to sit various courses on word and excell to bring me upto date with things.
Best to keep ahead of the times eh?

Can someone define grass please. If someones working so dangerously its a serious public health and saftey concern is it not reportable???. Now if someone was to grass me for the diamond raid in london a few weeks ago, I would not be happy at all. Specially if it was to save their own erse!!!

Can someone define grass please. If someones working so dangerously its a serious public health and saftey concern is it not reportable???. Now if someone was to grass me for the diamond raid in london a few weeks ago, I would not be happy at all. Specially if it was to save their own erse!!!

Your first action is to stop them being a danger to themselves or others. You don't have to walk away and then phone the authorities.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

He was a short one. About 5'7", roughly.
So they say.

Hitler videos?? whats that got to do with scaffolding like?
Ha, freddy (if i can call you that) your a wiz on these computers eh?
Pretty decent lad, pretty decent.

I had to sit various courses on word and excell to bring me upto date with things.
Best to keep ahead of the times eh?

The Hitler videos are all about scaffolding and members of this forum. My personal favourite is the Palmers announce lay offs one.

Ive done that Fred,scaffold was so dangerously loaded standards had bent and checks slipped. Spoke to the guys doing the job and the scaff company that erected it. Guess what???? Never phoned the authorities tho I did pray(and me an athiest) that no one would get hurt or killed.

That is the difference mate. The OP just went and phoned the local council because he has to follow certain rules himself.
You spoke to all concerned and they should have taken action. It is a difficult one. If we know a guy from the pub drives home pissed do we have a word and appeal to his better nature or do we ring the old bill ?

Top Bottom