Future Training and Courses?

when I did Advanced sits in May 2011 the training centre instructor said it was CISRS who were refusing to send Advanced Sits cards out to lads who had not done a basic inspection course prior to the Advanced inspection, although training centres were enrolling the lads................ seems to be a lot of ambiguaty around the criteria I would say you have to do basic sits or old in house inspection course before progressing to advanced sits

you have to have the basic inspection card before the advance inspection card, i had to do it like that at nottingham.
you can't go straight in for the advance inspection, it tells you all that on the NASC site.

i havent done basic inspection and i am doing advanced inspection .as far as i know you need to be an advanced scaffolder cos when it was booked i never had my card so my employer had to check i could still do it with just advanced certificate

you need to be an advance scaffolder to get your advance inspection card , if you read cap 609 it tells you in there. I have a adv inspection card it lasts for 3 yrs then goes up to 5 yrs.

Last edited:
I was told advanced have to do a basic first now,also 6mths after basic befoere you could enroll on advanced inspection. Lets face it course providers will want you in class(money) if theres any sniff of doubt on requirements for course

I did basic and adv inspection, sure if your adv CISRS scaff you can go straight to adv inspection.. training companies could confirm it for you.

some training companies would have you think that's the case???????????????? but CISRS stipulate all advanced inspection course delegates must have completed basic inspection first, the training centres will have you doing the course but CISRS won't issue you your inspection card without proof ie........ card or cert from the previously run in house basic inspection course.

My brothers been banging on about the IPAF ticket.
That might be one for the future, for us. :)

learn a new language jase its the way ahead.i would suggest polish or russian for the building sites hindi and are also good ones to have.
you will sooner rather than later be forced to learn arabic so as to have a grip of sharia law.
british boats to take british people out of britain :cry:

ipaf is probably my best ticket , 90% of my work is handraills on new build work .on the site from the start before all the problems start , up in the air out the way , dont need another scaffolder to argue with , beats brickwork scaffolds every time. depends on the type of job you do , i know loads of scaffs that are terrified when they are in a cherry picker

I already speak - Cockanese.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGYUd4mNaBM]Fast Show - We're Cockneys - YouTube[/ame]

Hi guys.

Ive been thinking about what courses to book up for after the new year that will compliment my others.

I got all my Scaffolding Tickets (Advanced) sorted out a few years ago and was wondering what else i could go for?

• Maybe - Scaffold Safety Inspection Ticket?
  • Maybe - First Aider?
  • Maybe - Slinger/Banksman?

I still really fancy my IRATA, even though im gonna get slagged off for it, lol.

What tickets do you guys think would be handy to get just to beef up CV and bit or even is there anything that you yourself was thinking of, that might even help you out in the future?

First Aid an slinger are good ones, The Inspection is only average to have unless you work where it is useful.

Also ever thought of doing your basic teaching qualifications then onto assessor.Possibly some nebosh or safety certificates and become a trainer .

Id like to be a trainer later on in life.
I try to help youngsters as much as possible, when i ever work with any.

Im only 30 though, so not old enough yet, even though i feel like a 50 year old, lol.

i only wished i could put the fancy photos and videos but hey daftscaff by name.takes me all my time to do the 1 finger typing :cry:

Top Bottom