Future Training and Courses?

Jakdan i suggested A plane Ticket for Jason as he was asking for peoples advice on what tickets to go for next year.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Jakdan i am not off anywhere, i am already there.

A plane ticket would be nice.
I fancy Florida. :)

Nice and warm.

Was that the salesman that told you that Alan? Did you not just do your advanced and did you not see Simians post on handover and inspections? Another qualification but I don't think you will need it.

im not paying for it , it broke my heart having to pay for my own advanced . doing the supervisor course as well next month . as we all know it doesnt matter how good you are at your job nomore its how many tickets you got

Your right Alan, get as many as you can.

Did my FASET a while ago as the company I was supervisor for did a hell of a lot of edge protection on new steel frames. One knot, and basically if you wouldn't hang your car from it, don't hang a net from it. Quick day for a ticket to rig nets under a hell of a lot of guys depending on them.

If your going to do inspection then you have to do your basic inspection first, then go for the advance one some time after.

if your a advanced scaffolder you can go straight in for advnaced SITS if not will have to wait 2 years after basic

This is the bit I don't get, if you are an advanced scaffolder you don't need any of it though, or am I as thick as................

If your going to do inspection then you have to do your basic inspection first, then go for the advance one some time after.

im doing advanced inspection on the 28th , apparently its going to be needed on every job soon .

im working on a powerstation, and you can only sign of tags if you have inspection and hangers etc have to be advanced, i think that you will need this in the near future.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

This is the bit I don't get, if you are an advanced scaffolder you don't need any of it though, or am I as thick as................

well being advanced you cant sign of a job you built yourself and now days its about tickets,

im working on a powerstation, and you can only sign of tags if you have inspection and hangers etc have to be advanced, i think that you will need this in the near future.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

well being advanced you cant sign of a job you built yourself and now days its about tickets,

You can sign off your own jobs mate, and I'm sure you will need the inspection tickets soon...

You can sign off your own jobs mate, and I'm sure you will need the inspection tickets soon...

you defiantly cant sign of your own job legally no more, but yes i have dont in the past.

If you mean the handover cert ? your right.. thought you were on about the tag..

If you mean the handover cert ? your right.. thought you were on about the tag..

well legally you cant sign off a tag if you built that job, powerstations this is the case and even on sites eg blackfriars

well legally you cant sign off a tag if you built that job, powerstations this is the case and even on sites eg blackfriars

You can sign a tag mate, legally you don't actually need a tag, only the register..

thats interesting cause our firm lets us sigh the scaffold off even thou weve built it and tagg the scaffold. then we have a independent scaffold inspector comes round once a week to sighn the tags and sheets!!! i can understand on a station or a small sight but if youve got 7 gangs buzzing around errecting scaffold all over the country hows the client supposed to work on the scaffold it would mean that you need a scaffold inspector waiting in the van to youve finnished errecting your scaffold if youve got the appropiate ticket to inspect the scaffold cant see what the problem is law or on certain jobs

if your a advanced scaffolder you can go straight in for advnaced SITS if not will have to wait 2 years after basic

I have a part 2 and am booked on an Advanced Inspection Course early next year. I do not have a basic inspection card as I have never done the course. The training centre said the rules have changed and you now only need to have held a basic cisrs card for 2 years and not the basic sits.

I have queried this twice and have also been told by another respected source.

Thoughts?

if he put a bit of passion in the video may have found it a bit more interesting even he looked board so imagine how we feel defenatly want some strong coffee for that video or a box of pro plus ha ha!!!

Top Bottom