Future Training and Courses?

J

Jason-Gibbs

Hi guys.

Ive been thinking about what courses to book up for after the new year that will compliment my others.

I got all my Scaffolding Tickets (Advanced) sorted out a few years ago and was wondering what else i could go for?

• Maybe - Scaffold Safety Inspection Ticket?
  • Maybe - First Aider?
  • Maybe - Slinger/Banksman?

I still really fancy my IRATA, even though im gonna get slagged off for it, lol.

What tickets do you guys think would be handy to get just to beef up CV and bit or even is there anything that you yourself was thinking of, that might even help you out in the future?

Mmm, good question and one I wish the Argyll Training group would ask me but funny enough I'm too small for them to worry about but I do have a selection of tickets that employers would find attractive:

1) Harness Inspection

2) Fork Lift

3) Hi-abb

4) Class 2

5) SSMTS to include the fekin refresher ya twa ts

6) SG4:10:embarrest::D

7) Tg20:08

8) Asbestos awareness

9) Product Knowledge

Not very glamorous I know Jason but you will have read the neebosh thread. That is the kind of additions the wee cowboy street firms are looking for but the boys will no doubt have their own suggestions like safety passport or survival. Let us know what you finally plump for.

Jason. I've got my
Trainee card (doing part two 28th of the month)
Pasma
Platter/layher
Eusr
Capes Asbestos team training.
Harness inspector
Cscs
First aid
7.5 tonne licence (clean)
Slinging, winching & banksman
Remote controll overhead crane
CCNSG safety passport
& of course the fabled NEBOSH.
With the exception of the driving licence the ticket that has raised more eyebrows & opened the best doors in the recent past has been the first aid ticket. Maybe it's just the industry I mainly work in but that one really has got me noticed. It proved it weight in gold last year when one of my mates had a heart attack on the way back to the compound after our night shift & I was part of the team that happily helped save his life :)

Adv inspection is worth having and may become mandatory soon to inspect. supervisor course is good to have, Pasma, as for IRATA I was a level 2 when working offshore, its bollox mate, you have to re-do the course every 4 years , and its the full course not just like our touchscreen, the jobs are ten a penny with loads of climbers just looking to earn a pittance, so you won't get rich, and to be honest I never did any scaffolding using the ropes, maybe have a look at Nebosh aswell ??

I would say though having the below is a good way to go

1. Adv scaffolder CISRS
2. Adv scaff inspection CISRS
3. scaffold supervisor CISRS
4. Pasma ( even though the course and pasma is sh.it lol )
5 maybe a couple of system courses ??

i done a great online diplomacy course which i find very handy
its makes me think twice when i type especially when i hear of scaffs wanting to go over to the darkside and wanting to go on the fecking ropes and become a window cleaner with the fecking hillwalking brigade

I knew id get it in the neck for the IRATA thing, lmfao! :D

i never completed the online diplomacy couse sorry mate
ive booked myself on a assylum,immigration and integration and further anti british course at the local adult uneducation centre i will keep you posted on that 1 ;)

well apart from the cisrs ticket had nearly every ticket going but as you olde scaffolders no they ante worth a wan! now ticket for this ticket for that could put all my qualifications on for over the years but why show off when they ante worth a toss!!!! thankfully if you can boggie you get the work its not what you no its how you no bloody hell if all my tickets were still valid i could sell snow to the eskimos lmfao!!!!

The ticket i want now is the, one to get me on the last bus out of 'Scaffolding' the game is fecked now, however....... go for it new guys.

Seen a Wagon pull onto our estate (Where i work) at 3.45 pm on a monday to strike a job. FFS i know prices are bad but feck that sh1t. I asked the lads where Allan was, but apparently he does not work for them anymore.:D

The ticket i want now is the, one to get me on the last bus out of 'Scaffolding' the game is fecked now, however....... go for it new guys.

Seen a Wagon pull onto our estate (Where i work) at 3.45 pm on a monday to strike a job. FFS i know prices are bad but feck that sh1t. I asked the lads where Allan was, but apparently he does not work for them anymore.:D

make you right paddy the young lads think a grand a week is good now we were earning 1500 2,000 a week 18 years ago loads of money as harry enfield would say!!!! now your lucky if you draw 800 for 7 days when you find the bus out of it paddy give us a shout mate:laugh:

im on my 3rd nelson paddy and was feeling good about myself and the way my life is moving on,cheers you just ripped the heart out of me.
if a man of your credentials can say that then whatelse is there for me to do but keep on drinking aaahhhhh :cry:

jason

"I got all my Scaffolding Tickets (Advanced) sorted out a few years ago and was wondering what else i could go for?

• Maybe - Scaffold Safety Inspection Ticket?
  • Maybe - First Aider?
  • Maybe - Slinger/Banksman? "
Have a scan of these, useful if you intend staying on the tools

First aider full course. I got the lads in on many week-end's when the rest of the site was closed,acting as 1st aid cover. You can make a real difference after an accident.

scaffold Inspector basic/advanced, You will soon need these qualifications to inspect any scaffoldin the near future

FASET netting and rigging courses, another string to your bow

(IPAF) International Powered Access Federation operation of MEWPS scissor lifts, cherry pickers

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

I have a ticket that not many of you toe rags have:huh: Got it four years ago
never had to use it yet :amuse: Photo on the front details on the back

A Fecking BUS PASS :D

If your going to do inspection then you have to do your basic inspection first, then go for the advance one some time after.

J I got forced into doing level 1ropes as we were working in Norway at the time,don't wate your money mate unless you are going to make a complete change ,it is as good as useless unless you want to change a lightbulb in an awkward place which is what you see most of them doing when they are not cleaning windows.

What courses would any of you suggest not to progress in the game but just to stay and operate in it safely? I don't believe scaffs will need an inspection ticket so I wouldn't send anyone on that but do you think an outside training provider should be used for every day things like the well discussed step and SG4:10 in general and also TG20, is there a need for training in this or is just giving the boys the book and letting them watch the video enough? Not as exciting as some of the courses on offer but I would be interested to hear who has done this type of training and what they thought apart from the usual boring as feck.:D

Top Bottom