Forum aid

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
I am not sure if this has been suggested before but with the recent sad death of another scaffolder at work I have an idea.
Would it be possible for a fund to be set up by Admin using paypal or whatever. If a death occurs members could donate to the families, dependents etc. Obviously any such trust fund would have to be managed correctly to ensure the right people receive any donations.
Members wouldn't have to donate a fortune. If half the current members donated a quid then that's 9 grand for the dependents.
Just a thought. Any comments guys?

Noble idea, doubt anywhere near half would donate.Extra work for admin:unsure:

Don't think he works anyway does he?;) Of course less than half would donate but those that did may put a fiver or tenner in.
The Aussie and Kiwi scaffolders were very good at donating when a colleague was off injured, and even when a relative passed away.
It was the sort of thing done on sites years ago. It would be good to bring it back. Real care in the community.

Agreed,a bit more cred for the forum.
Ozzie and Kiwi's per head of population blow the rest away when it comes to donations.

Count me in aswell....superb idea hswt.. nothing better than to help a former scaffs family out in their time of heartache and loss....
100%---- best thread of the year..

how about ,when the unthinkable happens,an account is set up for that persons funds to go to,people can donate straight to his or hers ,and they get axcess to it right away.no one else could touch it then.

Absolutely fantastic Idea mate its like a union just for scaffolders all there for each other and their families, makes it a lot more personal

Excellent Idea fred ill def put in count on that!

Im in, paypal and done in the persons name ,,,, that is part of what this should be about, agencies make enough off us maybe good pr for them

Last edited:
It has to be done properly and for genuine cases. There have been incidents where good causes get ripped off by unscrupulous people. Maybe the SCCR could be involved?
There was a thread on here where something was set up for help our heroes. It should be simple enough. It would be nice to think it would never be needed but that is unlikely.

^ this.

"over 18,000 registered members" and less then 50 who regularly post anything.
Less then 1% bother contributing anything, NO WAY will people donate money, if they cant even be bother to type the words: "hello everyone".

^ this.

"over 18,000 registered members" and less then 50 who regularly post anything.
Less then 1% bother contributing anything, NO WAY will people donate money, if they cant even be bother to type the words: "hello everyone".

Well recent "death on site" thread has had nearly 2,000 people read it. Fair enough that will include multiple views from individuals.
I remember following a death in Holland of a Brit scaff everyone working there donated I think 4 hours pay. That was over 200 men. 2 scaffolders declined to donate saying "we didn't know the guy who died.". They were told there was no more work for them and had to leave.

Have span

"I remember following a death in Holland of a Brit scaff everyone working there donated I think 4 hours pay. That was over 200 men. 2 scaffolders declined to donate saying "we didn't know the guy who died.". They were told there was no more work for them and had to leave. "

That's not a donation, that's a levy, at best, or demanding money with menace's at worst. :suspicious:

I do not disagree with your original post, but having been involved in collections and the sort of thing you suggest I have my doubts as to the overall good that such things generate.
progress.gif

Have span

"I remember following a death in Holland of a Brit scaff everyone working there donated I think 4 hours pay. That was over 200 men. 2 scaffolders declined to donate saying "we didn't know the guy who died.". They were told there was no more work for them and had to leave. "

That's not a donation, that's a levy, at best, or demanding money with menace's at worst. :suspicious:

I do not disagree with your original post, but having been involved in collections and the sort of thing you suggest I have my doubts as to the overall good that such things generate.
progress.gif

I can also remember donating money at work that was used to buy tins of baked beans which were sent up north to help the families of striking miners.

Top Bottom