foreign labour in the industry uk

Correct stella. Barmaid at my local insists she's a sandie. sounds a proper geordie tho

Or the scaffs forum. She's got the most amazin setof bazooka's.No one minds waiting.lol

If they get payed the same have the same conditions and pay the same tax,s i can not see the problem.

We as brits go all over the world working

True mate,but you didnt just turn uo tho. Another nail in the coffin for students who use to take these jobs while going to uni.

thats becos all the jobs here are gone

Mate the jobs here are far from gone. The trouble is people wants everything handed to them.

Pay for your own training skill up there are loads of jobs in the uk and good paying ones.

I can't believe that. There's tens of thousands of jobs in the UK just the wages are less than benefits

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Bloody hell I thought all the barmaids in London were east Europeans?
Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read in the Daily Mail

You need money for training MH

They give grants for scaffold courses don't they?

You need money for training MH

Save money then cut back for a bit and do a new course we have all been in the same postion here fred mate.

Days of companys paying for training are gone and as you know experience doesnt count for much now its all about training.

I know its wrong but it is the way it is and its only going to get worse you have to be one step ahead of the game.

It all a sham, I got mates paid for all sorts of training,digger drivers etc,none got jobs from it. "Not enough experience im afraid squire"

Thats whats wrong wi this country fred... 1..cant get a job..why..havn't got a ticket. 2....ok i've got my ticket can i have the job now...no..why..you havn't got the experiance..
How can we expect to get the lads and lasses into work when no-one will give them a chance. Construction and engineering used to be the backbone of this country, now its the jeremy kyle brood. Give the kids a go and get this country back on the map.
When i passed my part 2, i gave the two old geezers that trained me a crate o' beer each as a thank you, cos if it wern't for them giving me a go i wouldn't be scaffolding today.

Cards on table ' business is business
If a top scaffold wants a start and needs 20 an hour and polish scaffold will take ten ' then happy days 100% more activity for the company

There will still be opportunity for our lads.

In fairness a scaff out of work is usually a man who is militant ' drunk ' or couldn't knock a flat back coffee table up without a fortnights course..

Constructive criticism

Thats whats wrong wi this country fred... 1..cant get a job..why..havn't got a ticket. 2....ok i've got my ticket can i have the job now...no..why..you havn't got the experiance..
How can we expect to get the lads and lasses into work when no-one will give them a chance. Construction and engineering used to be the backbone of this country, now its the jeremy kyle brood. Give the kids a go and get this country back on the map.
When i passed my part 2, i gave the two old geezers that trained me a crate o' beer each as a thank you, cos if it wern't for them giving me a go i wouldn't be scaffolding today.

Can't say I agree . Keep the kids labouring until thy are 30 ,,, there's too many swinging about after doing a 20 minute course

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Can't say I agree . Keep the kids labouring until thy are 30 ,,, there's too many swinging about after doing a 20 minute course

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

It comes down to the question of: Can the scaff work/is he productive and is he knowledgeble enough to carry out any given job? If the answer is yes then he's a keeper for a gaffer. Cards are secondary and don't mean a thing. A cash cow for the NASC, no more, no less.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Did you get your finger stuck on the return button?

It comes down to the question of: Can the scaff work/is he productive and is he knowledgeble enough to carry out any given job? If the answer is yes then he's a keeper for a gaffer. Cards are secondary and don't mean a thing. A cash cow for the NASC, no more, no less.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Did you get your finger stuck on the return button?

You are a carpet cleaner with a belt , :nuts:

You are a carpet cleaner with a belt , :nuts:

You are a pr*ck who's making friends on here by the minute.

Your second name isn't Gibbs by any chance is it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom