first day on site

Best of luck Pickles, Its been a long time since I was a young lad starting out, but have no regrets choosing to be a scaffolder, made a good living from it. It will hard at first till you get the knack of handling the gear, once you get that you make it easier for yourself. If your with a good gang they'll show you the ropes, keep busy, learn to anticipate what they'll need next, have it ready, after a while you'll be shouting up to them to take the gear LOL, and they'll tell you to go and have a smoke. Its all about becoming part of the gang, getting your squarage in and getting the f**k out of there and into the pub, HA, The job often gets finished in there. Its a good life and you make good mates. Hope in 20 or so years down the line the forum will be still up and running and you'll come on giving all the young lads the advice and encouragement you've been given from the lads on now. All the best.

well firstly. welcome to the world of scaffolding.

pretty much everything has been covered by the lads.

your gonna be sore. but dont let anyone put you off :)

and dont drink tea that anyone else has made you didnt watch :p just kidding.

do what your there to do and do it well,listen to the scaff,maybe not on friday afternoon lol.youll find out the p1ss takers and the good and bad eggs in half a shift,if you stick it that long welcome to the best job in the world mate.

mate good luck its gonna hurt. Take the s#it dont give it back nothing wors than a jumped up labourer.

good luck mate, your shoulder is going to kill after a couple of days and no doubt you will place some sort of packing under your top to cushion your shoulder Lol i know loads of lads that did that when they first started ! Like the other lads said just keep your head down and graft and listen.. and dont just carry one tube at a time ! lol !

The roofers are tossers and the joiners are just erses that couldn't cut it as a scaff and every time they ask you to do something kick them in the nuts.

Good luck:D

good luck mate - sure youl enjoy like the rest of us

Welcome new recruit.

Expect a visit off the Safety Man ( Fun Police) AKA Cliff Board Cliff, anything you say will be taken down and used againt you in a HSE Kangeroo Court of LAW.

It really is a good forum!!!!!!!! Humor goes along way, We all have Opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha clip board cliff cant be with you as he is up here on every feckin site I go on.:rolleyes:

Forget about the pads on the shoulder, thats a right receipe for slagging. "No Pain No Gain" After a couple of weeks your shoulder will be like leather.

i had lads in elgin with the PADS on there shoulder they soon fecked them off wen i ripped them to bits

i had lads in elgin with the PADS on there shoulder they soon fecked them off wen i ripped them to bits

What the hell were you doing in Elgin dave? The closest I got was Nigg Bay and decided that was far enough north for me.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I am Cliff Board Cliff, Moanalot created a MONSTER, the Nuclear fun police have adopted Cliff Board Cliff Mentality.

Total Audit,

Och Dave, the boy's were just having the craic don't sweat it.:D

We love ya really.:love::love:

Top Bottom