Ever been saved

dangeruss

Reaction score
Has anybody on here ever had their life saved by a harness or advanced guard rail.
Everybody promotes their use but I'd like to know if any of the 14000 members have actually been saved ?

Not people you have heard of or friends of friends but you ?

i think general manager had a bad fall years ago not sure if it was with harness or with out it but fell a few lifts so if it was with harness he wasnt clipped on but think it was a bit ago so asuming there was ne harnesses type of crk sure he said he wishes he had the harness maby rong sure hell correct me if i aam .....gm

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

had a few near death experiances with and with out the harness....... the 1 inch death drop man that nearly kills me every time :bigsmile:

I have had 2 very close calls this year without a harness , last week my foot slipped of a beam on a temporary roof and caught my knee on the bottom chord stopped me falling bout 30 foot .

couple of months ago slipped on a support scaffold above a 30 drop into a basement my elbows saved me that time .

a was walking along 2 boards last week and walked a bit too far and whoops

wasnt clipped on so doesnt count

I have had 2 very close calls this year without a harness , last week my foot slipped of a beam on a temporary roof and caught my knee on the bottom chord stopped me falling bout 30 foot .

couple of months ago slipped on a support scaffold above a 30 drop into a basement my elbows saved me that time .

me thinks you shouldn go above 29 foot marra and ya sya about ya old lad graffting thing its time to let the young boys have a go phill come get out of mens feet ;)

had a board snap 3 lifts up 10 years ago , was clipped on because it was petro-chemical and safety mob were walking around in a team that very day, the lads left me hanging for 30 seconds for fun , then gave me a board on

Last edited:
I've jumped off a base lift and stopped 1" off the floor caught on a double.

me thinks you shouldn go above 29 foot marra and ya sya about ya old lad graffting thing its time to let the young boys have a go phill come get out of mens feet ;)

Snail boy shouted to me as iam dangling 30 foot above the roof
" are you ok "

i shouted back
" iam still Fuc king here aint i "

He just shook his head and said your as bad as the other old fart :laugh::laugh:

just remembered , i done a del boy , when he falls behind the bar , went to put my hand against the wall that wasnt there , on 5ft lift , fuckin hilarious , wish i had it on video

I've jumped off a base lift and stopped 1" off the floor caught on a double.

watched a lad step on to a wall, wall whent he whent down and a hanging easyfix caught his jumper so when i was looking looked like it had him off the floor but after i stopped laffing he was billy ellioting it on yan foot lol

seen a few guys saved by lifejackets offshore
there were only 2 left so the usual ground dwellers and radio men were all saved from actually working over the side
DOES THAT COUNT ;)

they had a drill on a rig i was on in the dutch sector , and the radio guy wasnt told , he thought it was real and they made him think a guy died , he was in bits until told the truth , probably not funny , these ***** had a wicked sense of humour

A joiner here fell around 6m from a scaffold he built himself yesterday and his mate was sent home with some sort of muscle strain after a part boarded section slid on frosted steel. Two men down the week before Christmas because they are either too miserable to get it done right or just too stupid to do it right.

A joiner here fell around 6m from a scaffold he built himself yesterday and his mate was sent home with some sort of muscle strain after a part boarded section slid on frosted steel. Two men down the week before Christmas because they are either too miserable to get it done right or just too stupid to do it right.
At the risk of sounding merciless that serves him rate.
Wtf does he think the good lord created scaffolders for?!!
I'm sat at home twiddlin me thumbs week afore xmas n c*nts like that r playing scaff,boils me p*ss!!

Me too Mick, he is actually a good mate of mine but like most of these small builders scaffolders are the first to get cut. I should print out that story about the boy who won 1.5 mill after falling from a ladder, maybe that would make them think.

Top Bottom