Edge protection.

Spannerman
"Hope i dont sound to patronizing."

Oh but you do

We are about helping each other on this Forum,and I am awaiting your solution with bated breath , to the problem

The only stupid question , is the one you do not ask , (so there :cool:)

hi devil / 9 out of 10 the panels dont come to 12 /15 inch off the edge of the roof. we do at least 2 jobs a week like this . just run a double saddle up 10 inch apart from your independent strap a 10ft across from the edge back on the ridge punch up and brace back to other end of 10 ft and its solid !!!!....... no need 2 come off the floor and saves lot of time

a good scaffolder will look at the problem, analize it and formulate a plan. when you can do this you can call your self a scaffolder. if your asking, your not quite there. but full marks for asking. shows your on the right track and using your brain. Hope i dont sound to patronizing.
Rory

Ooh that's harsh :laugh::laugh::laugh:

a good scaffolder will look at the problem, analize it and formulate a plan. when you can do this you can call your self a scaffolder. if your asking, your not quite there. but full marks for asking. shows your on the right track and using your brain. Hope i dont sound to patronizing.
Rory

A good forum member will always analyse and formulate his grammar - But full marks for trying.

I hope I don't sound too patronising....

A good forum member will always analyse and formulate his grammar - But full marks for trying.

I hope I don't sound too patronising....
Ive been watching this post with intrest, I suggest asking everybody who intends to work on the said roof to drink several cans of Redbull before they go aloft. As we all know this gives you wings and should you fall you will simply glide to earth.

This trick can be cunningly employed whilst working on any structure where hitting the ground could cause irritation or death.

Ive been watching this post with intrest, I suggest asking everybody who intends to work on the said roof to drink several cans of Redbull before they go aloft. As we all know this gives you wings and should you fall you will simply glide to earth.

This trick can be cunningly employed whilst working on any structure where hitting the ground could cause irritation or death.

....Not forgetting to have a 12 hour internet marathon the night before, discussing the various merits of different right angled couplers.

Last edited:
I spel well gud me blud!

a (A) good scaffolder will look at the problem, analize (analyze) it and formulate a plan. (W)when you can do this you can call your-self a scaffolder. (I)if your (you're) asking, your (you're) not quite there. (B)but full marks for asking. (S)shows your (you're) on the right track and using your brain. Hope i don(')t sound to(o) patronizing.
Rory

am i a gud speler? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

....Not forgetting to have a 12 hour internet marathon the night before, discussing the various merits of different right angled couplers.
In my vast experience of doing things safely and never being killed yet ,you can NEVER extole the virtues of right angled couplers enough Phil. Indeed I am thinking of asking my forum bretheren which right angled coupler they prefer ? Once this has been established I shall move onto singles and maybe for a treat we will discuss scaffold tube wall diameters. You could chip in with interesting anicdotes relating to the unusual wall thickness that Lyndons use !

Completley unrelated fact, SGB had 2 caravans on the coast called "Band" and "Plate" sad loosers or what ! I dare anybody who stayed there to make themselves known.

In my vast experience of doing things safely and never being killed yet ,you can NEVER extole the virtues of right angled couplers enough Phil. Indeed I am thinking of asking my forum bretheren which right angled coupler they prefer ? Once this has been established I shall move onto singles and maybe for a treat we will discuss scaffold tube wall diameters. You could chip in with interesting anicdotes relating to the unusual wall thickness that Lyndons use !

Completley unrelated fact, SGB had 2 caravans on the coast called "Band" and "Plate" sad loosers or what ! I dare anybody who stayed there to make themselves known.

Actually mate I don't want to spoil anything because I'm currently writing a 7000 word article for 'What Scaffold?' magazine on the age old argument of the merits of the two hole band against the one hole band when used a a P24 tension splice in a 'special duty' loading capacity (24.7kN/M2 UDL)

Actually mate I don't want to spoil anything because I'm currently writing a 7000 word article for 'What Scaffold?' magazine on the age old argument of the merits of the two hole band against the one hole band when used a a P24 tension splice in a 'special duty' loading capacity (24.7kN/M2 UDL)

P1ss off you NERD :D

That sounds very safe indeed, I like to do things safely unlike that retard Dangeruss who is quite obviously a complete dimwit. Personaly I would plump for the 2 hole band every time, I would combine this with a stainless chair with a coefficient linear expansion rate of no more than 2 microns per mm2, torqued up to 8knm with a special ratchet podger.

That sounds very safe indeed, I like to do things safely unlike that retard Dangeruss who is quite obviously a complete dimwit. Personaly I would plump for the 2 hole band every time, I would combine this with a stainless chair with a coefficient linear expansion rate of no more than 2 microns per mm2, torqued up to 8knm with a special ratchet podger.

Or use SCAFF2010's Impact wrench? :blink:

What a complete cock !

Oh absolutely squire.

Off the record I never liked that Dangeruss individual anyway - He's got no sense of humour....:suspicious:

Ok.

I shan't be posting on this forum again because VLLB called me a nasty name.

Please everyone beg me to come back and tell me what a valued member of the forum I am....
zzzz....zzzzz.......zzzz.......zzzz.....zzz............zzzzzz.......tumbleweed......wolf howl........zzzzzz.......zzzzz.... oh come back then Phil, we will tell that nasty vllb off

o_rly1.jpg

zzzz....zzzzz.......zzzz.......zzzz.....zzz............zzzzzz.......tumbleweed......wolf howl........zzzzzz.......zzzzz.... oh come back then Phil, we will tell that nasty vllb off

Oh ok, but only if I can have a photograph of me wearing a cheap suit in my facebook profile picture.

Just to impress everyone, you know....

Top Bottom