Edge protection.

Devilscaff

Reaction score
What is the best method to handrail up a roof when I cannot go down to the ground?I could build an A frame on the ridge but not sure how strong that method would be,(its for the instilation of solar pannels).Thanks

neighbours

neighbours have got cheap nasty homemade polycarb roof over there ally and won't remove any pannels as prob won't go back on

Could u not put a saddle over the roof sat on boards and punch up off the saddle tube ??

drilling

probly could drill, just looking for an easier method know one likes drilling overhand

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

about a foot but their survayour allways get it wrong

It's not cheap, but it does the job!

Attachments

• P1010372.jpg
    P1010372.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 52
What bout throwing a small tower on the front and putting a beam from independent at back to tower at front, say just above the ridge, then drop a few standards off the beam to take the handrail...beam would probably act as some of the handrail too ??

This Mental Illness is catching by the way...

What about if you build a 60 ft birdcage on the front of the house, throw some unit beams across the roof, then take the birdcage up another 30ft in the middle so you can sleeve 2 21's up, spliced of course and then pull the beams back.

Then you can lace the beams together, drop a hanger down to the roof height then handrail it.

Piece of piss mate :weird::cool:

why dont you just throw a beam from the scaffold to the ridge a drop standards off that

a good scaffolder will look at the problem, analize it and formulate a plan. when you can do this you can call your self a scaffolder. if your asking, your not quite there. but full marks for asking. shows your on the right track and using your brain. Hope i dont sound to patronizing.
Rory

Top Bottom