ecitb

It would only be right for the courts of human rights to have a ruling on the word COMPETENT Instead of the rules being made as you go along. The problem is Cisrs are a complete different scheme and they have there own rules. It's the companies and ecitb aswell as the union that have sold them down the river.
Yet you still pay your subs. Demand action by them that's what your paying your subs for.

true steve,think the countrys coming to a boiling point with cuts immegration student fees and so much more,for once in a long time its time for the unions to stand up and hit back,for if they dont there maybe very little to stand up for shortly.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

take that one word to that court COMPETENT and i bet the lads get a result steve.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

id also like to thank the persistance of the sccr boys especially ragscaff on his personal time effort and expence in the persuit of this matter,good work fella.

well i joined unite steve as i no they represent most large outfits and have done a few large outfits justice they havent really done a lot with the correspondance side of things
apart from votting forms through your door and tex messages saying vote ed milliband ect. as for competent what is it i can have a working partie under me next week working
on high voltage putting scaffold up my tickets say iam competent but my scaffold ticket
isnt but yet iam allowed to errect scaffold for another year with a working party under me as iam competent to do so but next year iam not unless i take the cisrs route it ante on.

all the way with it mate whole hog.respect to the lads with eictb tickets who have taken the cisrs route and"retrained"but this is an issue that is indeminataly winnable.

Dico mate as you already know my thoughts as said in lots of threads over this matter. I myself worked on the stations. Know alot of excellent scaffs and have been sold down the river aswell. It was the hse and the goverment that wanted trained and competent. NASC have done a great job in selling there scheme as the best of the best but we all know the truth. Supervisors at 20 is the biggest load of boll***s ever known. When 90% of them are still using nappies. I can honestly say I learnt to scaffold when I worked on the stations and every job was different.

thats what i like about you steve you dont let your job rule your mind as with some people on here well done mate your always have my respect mate.

I'm not at work at the minute. Some people say I wear my heart on my sleeve but to those upstairs it doesn't go down well. I do my job to the fullest and live and breathe my trade.
This is England and freedom of speech. If they don't like facts that's there problem after all it's those who F***ed up this industry and those of us who do actually care that's left to try and sort out their s***.

Last edited:
Another interesting quote from Mr Edwards correspondence with the SCCR

" This is because of the HSE requirement for demonstrable competence.

Unfortunately, the ECI Skills Database is not based on assessment of competence to nationally agreed standards. CISRS does this for scaffolders and the ACE initiative does this for other skills within the industry."

The interesting point being the HSE requirement for demonstrable competence is based on ASSESSMENT to a nationally agreed standard . NASC/CISRS have different take on "demonstrable competence" which is based on training, insisting that ECITB scaffolders be TRAINED before they can be join CISRS at an appropriate skill level rather than ASSESSED to a nationally agreed standard (NVQ) as per HSE requirements.

There appears to be an overwhelming case for the return of the Assessed Route of Entry to fast track ECITB card holders into CISRS at a level appropriate to their skill and experience .

read a bit since I joined the forum but statistically how many accidents are there caused by us ecitb scaffolders compared to the citb cisrs scaffs my mate just sat his part two and he reckons everthing they showed him at the college doesnt work on site brings me back to my point of view on site trainning and experience far better than what your told at college

one of the problems is that in the classroom or the warehouse everything is 'ideal world' when in reality we're in the real world.

youl never beat on site experiance mate,the two week courses are imperative to gain the nvq just have to bite our tounge at times.personally id like to see on site assesments done far better gauge of where a person is in his scaffolding development.

As I have said before.

CISRS need to have a system to assess candidates at the level they should enter the scheme.

Part 1 is an introduction to scaffolding sending a guy who has had his spanners for more than five years is a waste of time.

This would go for ECITB, as well as a lot of guys who have never had to do their tickets & any experienced workers moving into this country.

On the other hand the new guys who start at part 1, part 2 etc get it too easy! The skill base is not put into these guys, not enough work site experience, courses too short.

The balance is all wrong, the SCCR are working on proposals to put forward to CISRS & will have a meeting in the new year. As the SCCR has been formed from the forum every member will be able to have their say, when I have prepared the agenda for this meeting I will ask for input from all SCCR members as well as forum members.

As for Unite the Union, they have been asked to get involved with their members plight in regards the ECITB but to date no one has come forward to me or the members of the SCCR who are also members of the union.

I have written four e-mails, three letters had tried to talk to them on the phone several times but no one wants to speak to me. These are the only people who attended the October meeting that are hiding!! & they take your money for that service!!

Stewart Quinney
SCCR
Chairman

its shameful that such a body formed on the premis for the workers,funded by the workers isnt and hasnt even replied on such an important issue.im going to cancel my contribution today and tell them exactly why a guy 20 odd years in the movement is taking such action,utter disgrace.

its shameful that such a body formed on the premis for the workers,funded by the workers isnt and hasnt even replied on such an important issue.im going to cancel my contribution today and tell them exactly why a guy 20 odd years in the movement is taking such action,utter disgrace.

I was told the main man to talk to & who chaired the meeting in October was Mr Tom Hardacre. I have tried to talk to him but he wont take my calls. If any member of the Union could try & ask him to talk to me it would be much appreciated.

Regards Stewart Quinney

I was told the main man to talk to & who chaired the meeting in October was Mr Tom Hardacre. I have tried to talk to him but he wont take my calls. If any member of the Union could try & ask him to talk to me it would be much appreciated.

Regards Stewart Quinney

as a national officer for construction for unite it dosent make the company look good exspecially for a large union just a correspondance would be nice ragscaff it seems our local representive malcome bonnett is ignoring emails which my self and animal have sent we shall try again i will be in touch with animal just an email would be polite ragscaff. they soon get in touch when they want your vote.unless things have change there is a lot of finger pointing at ecitb for the withdrawal of this ticket would love to no how many
ecitb leters were sent out to there olde members quiet a few i would imagine
to give you another year is only to make things worse thank for the support
of ragscaff sccr and the forum members 98% of them anyway 2011 is another year.

when on with cape last year during the walkouts our steward was told to hit the cobbles but we wouldnt have offical union backing,but unoffically they wanted us out to create havoc....what that say about our fulltime official?

Top Bottom