ecitb

i have friends who done their training with a place accredited by CITB but after 2 years of training they were awarded an SVQ level 2 , so they thought they were part 2 scaffolders, but in applying for their cards with CITB, they were told they would have to do training at a CITB training centre in order to get a CISRS card, so i guess my question is why are CITB letting other training organisations train people and give out these SVQ'S when these people then have to go to CITB training anyway

i have friends who done their training with a place accredited by CITB but after 2 years of training they were awarded an SVQ level 2 , so they thought they were part 2 scaffolders, but in applying for their cards with CITB, they were told they would have to do training at a CITB training centre in order to get a CISRS card, so i guess my question is why are CITB letting other training organisations train people and give out these SVQ'S when these people then have to go to CITB training anyway

Hi jb78'

I'm guessing this could be score card scaffolders you are talking about, whereby some **** took a load of government cash for training and then did a bunk. When one of the scaff's was being observed by some other **** it was decided that the few who did complete there training were not up to scratch. Hence a load of guy's in central Scotland who thought they were scaffs who in actual fact aren't although they can't take the svq of them but I bet they would love to.:mad:

i have friends who done their training with a place accredited by CITB but after 2 years of training they were awarded an SVQ level 2 , so they thought they were part 2 scaffolders, but in applying for their cards with CITB, they were told they would have to do training at a CITB training centre in order to get a CISRS card, so i guess my question is why are CITB letting other training organisations train people and give out these SVQ'S when these people then have to go to CITB

If your friends actually completed the two week part 1 and two week training why are the CISRS insisting they do it again ? They would only need to complete the latest version of the Cskills NVQ portfolio and once it was signed off attend the two day practical assessment to get there ticket as it is only the NVQ that is in dispute not the part 1/2 training.
smiley_confused_vraagteken.gif

Hopefully Unite the Union can shed some more light on this. They chaired the meeting in October which included ECITB, UNITE CISRS & the National Committee for Construction.

and the ecitb scaffolders are supposed to be greatfull ive never heard such a load of olde cods wallop my self and animal layed off january this year due to
work being quiet and as we needed furthur trainning we got layed off and cisrs scaffolders with less service and exsperiance got kept on due to this ticket why didnt this get sorted last year and i wouldnt be 30 grand out of pocket an fooking bancrupt fumming :mad: but its now ok to work another year just give us our fooking ticket god no what a fooking law team will make
of this thanks for the extra year but your takeing the wee!!!!

This situation im talkin about was put into place by a kwikform boss and his wife who ran the trainin place, they took about £150,000 for the training and it gave kwikform cheap labour, and a lot of people no future , when they thought they had a career

i hope karma is real

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

the response by CITB is that you must do their training, when asked why they authorise other people to train, well yeah like celticbhoy said, MONEY

jb78 was the guys name paul??was he the chap that ran a company called prospects an alledged training company that he turned into a fully blown outfit for himself??

It was prospects, yeah, was run by wife of kwikforms(interserve) boss , eventually run by another ******** called Paul Riley.

recived a letter this morning from ecitb they have extended the card another year till end of 2011....
we have fully trained scaffolders who have been doing there trade for 20+ years who have ECITB cards ,who can hardly read or write,and are excellent at there jobs what happens to these guys after 2011.

Join the SCCR and ask the so called powers that be.

got you jb78,heard all bout him from many guys,neferiouse fellow by the sounds of things.as aways happens mate these characters allways seem to re-emerge at some given stage,its just a waiting game goodluck jb.

I havent recieved the letter from ecitb yet but have been told over the phone about the extension it seems a bit crazy but hope something get sorted for us

Letter from the ECITB

Dear Mr Quinney,

You recently contacted my colleague Nigel Spencer with some specific questions surrounding scaffolders and the CISRS Scheme, building on your previous communications with us and with BIS.

To answer your specific questions, I attended the meeting on 7th October on behalf of the ECITB and representatives of UNITE, CISRS and the National Committee for Construction were also in attendance. The purpose was to discuss what options were available to help those scaffolders that had not yet transferred to the CISRS scheme.

Following the meeting, additional research was done which showed very clearly that the majority of scaffolders had already got or had registered for a CISRS card. After careful consideration by the stakeholders it was felt appropriate to extend the ECI Skills Database scheme for a further year to enable the remaining people to register for CISRS.

Being responsible for the administration of the ECI Skills Database, I have therefore written to all the people we know to be affected. (A copy of the letter is attached for your information).

It is important to emphasise that consultation amongst employers has confirmed that their preferred scheme for scaffolder registration is the CISRS scheme.

This is because of the HSE requirement for demonstrable competence.

Unfortunately, the ECI Skills Database is not based on assessment of competence to nationally agreed standards. CISRS does this for scaffolders and the ACE initiative does this for other skills within the industry.

You also asked what will happen at the end of 2011. It is the desire of all the stakeholders that everyone will have successfully transferred to the CISRS scheme. However, it is important to be aware that the ECI Skills Database scheme will not be extended again.

Yours sincerely

David Edwards

David Edwards

Chief Executive

Regards Stewart

Mmm, so the SCCR is having an impact already, I hope Phil isn't in Aussie country just yet as it's just starting to get interesting.

Letter from the ECITB

Dear Mr Quinney,

You recently contacted my colleague Nigel Spencer with some specific questions surrounding scaffolders and the CISRS Scheme, building on your previous communications with us and with BIS.

To answer your specific questions, I attended the meeting on 7th October on behalf of the ECITB and representatives of UNITE, CISRS and the National Committee for Construction were also in attendance. The purpose was to discuss what options were available to help those scaffolders that had not yet transferred to the CISRS scheme.

Following the meeting, additional research was done which showed very clearly that the majority of scaffolders had already got or had registered for a CISRS card. After careful consideration by the stakeholders it was felt appropriate to extend the ECI Skills Database scheme for a further year to enable the remaining people to register for CISRS.

Being responsible for the administration of the ECI Skills Database, I have therefore written to all the people we know to be affected. (A copy of the letter is attached for your information).

It is important to emphasise that consultation amongst employers has confirmed that their preferred scheme for scaffolder registration is the CISRS scheme.

This is because of the HSE requirement for demonstrable competence.

Unfortunately, the ECI Skills Database is not based on assessment of competence to nationally agreed standards. CISRS does this for scaffolders and the ACE initiative does this for other skills within the industry.

You also asked what will happen at the end of 2011. It is the desire of all the stakeholders that everyone will have successfully transferred to the CISRS scheme. However, it is important to be aware that the ECI Skills Database scheme will not be extended again.

Yours sincerely

David Edwards

David Edwards

Chief Executive

Regards Stewart

Yes but they are only being offered trainee cards by the CISRS that is the issue had the ECITB incorporated scaffolding in the "ACE initiative" and awarded NVQs in access and rigging it would be difficult for the CISRS to refuse cards at a level appropriate to skill. :mad:

this dose have the look of ending up in a court room mate dont it.

it looks that way celticbhoy every person ive spoke to agrees this can not be
right.when or if it goes to court is down to the parties involved iam no laywer
but! people i have spoken to in law industry have said weve got a really good
case.ecitb say that the perfered ticket is cisrs they dont say it has to be
most ecitb scaffolders are cisrs registered yes they are registered but with a trainee ticket ive had mine 20 years as with many other ecitb scaffolders take
away the ecitb scaffolders on a trainee ticket then see how many ecitb scaffolders are registered bloody hell cape national grid have only just put
there ecitb scaffolders through trainning last year. only because they were forsed too. cape dungerness b station have ecitb scaffolders like ive said
and others have said work history and a proven work refrences every one
nos if your a chancer you dont last long the indusrys to small and most people
no somebody if myself and others wernt competent why am i and others being
allowed to work as scaffolders ohh i no why cos weve worked the last 25 years without any problems!!!!!!!!!!!

dico i think this issue may end up in the european courts where unlike here they are very very sympathetic to the ordinary worker,thats where i think the battle will be won or lost.seems to me as they are stopping a competant able scaffolder from working due to no fault of his own.once agai comrade best of luck.

dont think the forum can take this to court as the forum dosent have an eictb ticket,i belive it would be the individuls themselves with the backing of the sccr.cost is negliable where a wrong has been done.

Top Bottom