ecitb

frenchy

Reaction score
recived a letter this morning from ecitb they have extended the card another year till end of 2011....

your prob right in most cases but still a few big firms hertel dsl blue book work still accept it

hopefully for the lads on here who have found themselves stuck, but its only a stop gap not a solution , but it gives people 12 months to save up some cash and sort something out for themselves

Or......a 12 month extension for the SCCR to make someone see sense and ticket the boy's like for like?

Maybe they are not on such a firm legal footing as they first thought. Remember the poll tax and warrant sales, they didn't last either. Mon The Scaffs.

spot on aom,the furoar caused by this has more than likely shook the eictb who in turn have prob thought that these silly half brains would just roll over and take it.well well well,these decisions arnt just turned on a whim,more than likely the litagation brought by the eictb lads has brought to light the legal footing of just whipping tickets of guys.this may not just be a delay but in fact the begining of a total u turn.

Hopefully Unite the Union can shed some more light on this. They chaired the meeting in October which included ECITB, UNITE CISRS & the National Committee for Construction.

Probably best not to get too carried away yet but it certainly warrants further investigation. There could be lots of reasons for this development, cementing their legal position is one which springs to mind but lets hope it is the start of common sense in construction at last.

Am I reading this right? ECITB cards still valid? Where? Not on any major construction sites I've been on.I'm sure the lads in our firm will be delighted to know they just spent hundreds of pounds on cards they already have.

Check out the latest post from Ragscaff on the SCCR thread. It's one thing them saying their valid for another year but it will be quite another getting the word round the clients.

Any chance you could scan this and put it on

if i could i would letter says dear sir IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SCAFFOLDERS i am writing to inform you that following representations to the stakeholders of the eci skills database it has been agreed to extend the validity of existing cards to the end of 2011.information from employers indicates that the majority of scaffolders have now registered for or have got the construction industry scaffolders record scheme cisrs card.it is important to note that the cisrs is the scheme of choice for the industry.in order to help the stakeholders understand who has yet to register for the cisrs card please complete the simple questionnaire and return it in the reply paid envelope.yours sincerely David Edwards Chief Executive.

Sounds like they have given you another year to undertake all the cards!!!

Starting from trainee of course.

yes looks that way got my part 2 next month so will be half way back to where i have been for last fifteen years

I know it's going over old ground and for that I apologise but until someone can explain to me what they are going to teach a guy with years of experience anything about scaffolding on a part 1 learning to build a 8x8 single lift tower I will never agree with just removing their cards without first making provisions for their continued employment.

can anyone calarify for me why there are training centres out there training poeple in scaffolding, giving NVQ'S SVQ'S then these people have to go to citb for same training, paying through the nose to get CISRS, it seems simple, CITB should be the only training, because they give the cards, instead CITB authorise these places to train poeple, because they know eventually this person who wants to be a scaff has to come to them and pay a lot of money, so its created the situation where there are probably hundreds of people in britain who are scaffs and have been for years, but they have no CISRS, CITB have a lot to answer for. does anyone have a view on this, am i right in what i am saying about this situation?

can anyone calarify for me why there are training centres out there training poeple in scaffolding, giving NVQ'S SVQ'S then these people have to go to citb for same training, paying through the nose to get CISRS, it seems simple, CITB should be the only training, because they give the cards, instead CITB authorise these places to train poeple, because they know eventually this person who wants to be a scaff has to come to them and pay a lot of money, so its created the situation where there are probably hundreds of people in britain who are scaffs and have been for years, but they have no CISRS, CITB have a lot to answer for. does anyone have a view on this, am i right in what i am saying about this situation?

A little confused by your post , as far as I'm aware the training centers offering scaffolding training ie: part 1/2 advanced courses are either CITB run or accredited by the CITB to deliver CITB training.

NVQ's are assessment and not training , as things stand unless your NVQ was awarded by Cskills in conjunction with CITB training you will only be entitled to a CISRS card at Trainee level .

Perhaps one of our newest members Simian , who are a CITB accredited training centre could shed more light on your query.

Last edited:
Top Bottom