Droppers

Surely the advantage of using a butt on a dropper is that the butt can be taken off and the tube can be stacked easily. Another advantage is the dropper tube can be used for other types of scaffold.

Like others have said, why try and fix something that isn't/wasn't broken?

Dont know bout you guys, but i tend to sit on the butt and tuck my legs behind the standard thence having both my hands free and dont get tangled up with the saftey line.

Surely the advantage of using a butt on a dropper is that the butt can be taken off and the tube can be stacked easily. Another advantage is the dropper tube can be used for other types of scaffold.

Like others have said, why try and fix something that isn't/wasn't broken?
This thing they are on about slides over the end of the tube and is fixed with a double

Appreciate that Gary.
My point was more about the disadvantages of welding something to the dropper

I personally use a helicopter to lower me each individual fitting wrapped off with my golden spanner from leaches, as every firm ive worked at have provided these new inventions because morrally they felt they should get their hands in their pockets. ....nice idea bollaxed if anyone will pay !

They would all gladly pay Joe if only to claim the high moral ground. These things may well be better than I imagine them to be but I doubt it.

You letting the boys have the day off paid tomorrow then aom, seens as your a morally guided boss ;)

Almost Joe, half shift then a skin full, the downside is that I need them in for a couple of hours Saturday morning.

One of the downsides to these plates is how do you get from dropper to dropper? We used to fit the butts so you could walk the entire length of the job on them alone. You would need 3 foot centres to do it with them. Welding anything to a tube was also a no no in my book but times change I suppose.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Black eye Friday

Can't wait. :sick:

Dont know bout you guys, but i tend to sit on the butt and tuck my legs behind the standard thence having both my hands free and dont get tangled up with the saftey line.

Did one this time last year, t-piece at the end of a 21 and arse 500mm above the reservoir we were suspending the hanger over. Murder.

Watched a stabila sink to the briny deep levelling an Aberdeen on the c@nt.

Last edited:
Looks like a crash cymbal Fred. Hopefully it's not ominous.:weird:

Top Bottom