Droppers

benjo0211

Reaction score
I know the conventional way of a dropper is the old butt end attached to the bottom but I was wondering if welding a flat plate to the bottom would be a more comfortable way, has anyone come across this

I know the conventional way of a dropper is the old butt end attached to the bottom but I was wondering if welding a flat plate to the bottom would be a more comfortable way, has anyone come across this

You'd better be confident in the weld and/or welder.

Zip ties might do the trick.lol

Welded plate would take a bit of sorting.

two ft butt with a check fitting you have fixed it and your not relying on anyone else for your own safety its never let me down or you could set up goal posts and staff down so they all form the same level wouldn't rely on nothing but yourself benjo and to be honest there isn't much comfort doing any hangers bud you always wish you had one of them arms that pops out of your chest so you could use the others freely

They are only comfy if your small and skinny unfortunately I'm neither. Only haki trained scaffs would be allowed to do a dropper if that was the case

You may not be the skiniest scaff in the box benjo but there was a scaff up here who needed 5 foots as butts. When challenged all he would say is, look son its my erse that's going on it not yours. :laugh:

Used To Work With a Bloke From Leven In Fife Called John Scarbourgh And Thats What He Used To Say, My Piles Not Yours.

When I was up at Drax Power Station , there was a bloke who was going to patent something similar, not sure if he is still in the process

We have trialed a "dropper footplate"
This consists of a steel "sleveve" type construction with a cylindrical flat plate which slips over the end of the dropper tube fastened by the neck of a double to stop it spinning plus you still need a check fitting.
They trials have not been very sucessful as the Scaffoders still prefer to usea short but

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Home

I was thinking of a circular flat plate welded on I think it would be far comfier

Top Bottom