Does: Age = Decent?

If your older are you better at Scaffolding...?

• Yes, age is important as older Scaff's are usually better.

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • No, there are just as many younger decent Scaffolders, as older ones.

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why at 23 did you jump off that bridge.....did it hurt when you landed on your head and are you still seeing a shrink, my advise is to get a new one because mate...that one ant fcking helping yer....:)

Strewth.!!Now you gone and upset aussiebob cliffo.:laugh::bigsmile:

My advice to you is this...

Did* (upper-case d), advice*, mate... That* (space after last full stop, upper-case t), isn't (or are you actually referring to that "one ant" who is helping me?) and finally, you*. Maybe delete on of those full stops at the end, the one before the smiley, and perhaps replace it with a space before said smiley.

Gig... Gig...

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

He should be upset, he is illiterate.

tea break over back to work for this old scaff, good night and god bless all over 40's. :)

I'm 23. At 40, you are no longer in your prime. You should get a job in ASDA or a forklift job maybe. At 40, you may aswell go and jump off a bridge.

maybe the time your reach 40 you could build a bridge.
the fact you have to come on a forum to ask for a wage rise sums you up to me son,stick at it and you might make it ;)

My advice to you is this...

Did* (upper-case d), advice*, mate... That* (space after last full stop, upper-case t), isn't (or are you actually referring to that "one ant" who is helping me?) and finally, you*. Maybe delete on of those full stops at the end, the one before the smiley, and perhaps replace it with a space before said smiley.

Gig... Gig...

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

He should be upset, he is illiterate.

Oh the irony, did you mean "on of those full stops" or one of those full stops.

Cliffo M8---get some spanner time in before you start offering up advise on committing harikari off a bridge ;)

Good Post Jas---being in my 40 th year in the game, and still getting a shout to go offshore I would concur with your sentiments...

Fair enough.
But dont you think that there is just as much arrogance with older Scaffolders, as there is with younger Scaffolders who 'apparently' think they know it all?

Ive heard the phrase: "Ive got boots older then you." and to be fair this means f.uck all to me, as anyone in 1979 or whatever can get a card via Grandfather Rights and STILL NOT know how to Scaffold correctly.

Its nothing to do with regulations, as there have been so many changes in the last 5 years alone - we all, old and new need to continuously adapt.

OBJECTION,not all us oldies got cards via Grandfather rights,I did the two weeks advanced down in London in 83.I like to think I have adapted to the new working practices,don't agree with them all.God knows how we erected jobs years ago.My opinion is there's some brilliant "older " scaffs and there are some who have always been crap.Same goes for younger men.Just does my head in when someone can get a card basically just because he's paid for it.

Hear jason you forgot to mention drinking a dozen pints of stella and smoking 30 tabs a day ha ha:nuts::D

Top Bottom