Does: Age = Decent?

If your older are you better at Scaffolding...?

• Yes, age is important as older Scaff's are usually better.

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • No, there are just as many younger decent Scaffolders, as older ones.

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't recognise A or B so hopefully I'm somewhere in the middle.:cool:

aom
lolo sounds promising then - good basis to work with ,i can build on that, give me a ring job waiting for you lol

Sorry SP, already running my own wee show up here but if it ever goes belly up you will be the first man to get my CV especially now I know your requirements.:cool:

the mrs cooks a mean bacon buttie, and plenty of room at the inn :)

I was going to go for the B flat but the Mrs frying bacon is this weeks winner.:idea:

You start off cocky learn the trade, become a tw@t wi age then retire, think you'll know the answer to this question in 30 years when you become an oldie

haha, sorry we dissapointed you but thanks for your comments anyway.:blink1:

Fair enough.
But dont you think that there is just as much arrogance with older Scaffolders, as there is with younger Scaffolders who 'apparently' think they know it all?

Ive heard the phrase: "Ive got boots older then you." and to be fair this means f.uck all to me, as anyone in 1979 or whatever can get a card via Grandfather Rights and STILL NOT know how to Scaffold correctly.

Its nothing to do with regulations, as there have been so many changes in the last 5 years alone - we all, old and new need to continuously adapt.

jason your a great fellow gezzer but!!!! if you ever come on our firm you would see what a load of cockey little been in the game 5 minutes runts we have there takeing over by the minute faster yes but exsperienced cant see it from my house brigade!!! so i think that last sentence makes me young still lol!!! fookem!!! cockee little runts:laugh:

A good Scaff is,

a, When they say it can't be done....he does it

b, He's the guy who starts it and finishes it

c, When the gang are knackered, he go's the extra mile

d, Looks at the job, knows what to do and gets on with it, while the rest of the team are still scratching their balls

e, First in, last to leave

f, Great motivator and organizer

All the above comes with age and experience, have yet to come across a young buck who can motivate a team of men without pishing them off first.

I'm 23. At 40, you are no longer in your prime. You should get a job in ASDA or a forklift job maybe. At 40, you may aswell go and jump off a bridge.

Top Bottom