Dodgy Job?

To be honest I always suspected but again always try to give the benefit of the doubt which can make you look like a **** at times but what else can you do?

Not one of the better ones and I don't really see the point.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

A NASC technical officer.... really??

That's what finally made me speak up.

maybe tony and gang are running out of fuel aom,any painter would be up there on a ladder job done,technical officer lol cmon.

I was going to apply, they may pay digs.:noworry:

well it is "right up north"with no hse inspectors lolbut hey watch out for the local nasc technical inspector no job too tall no town too small ledgendry thread lol.

well it is "right up north"with no hse inspectors lolbut hey watch out for the local nasc technical inspector no job too tall no town too small ledgendry thread lol.

Just the way Aom likes it.:noworry:

Gentlemen, may I firstly apologise for not having a piccy to hand when I first opened this thread. I was simply seeking a bit of advice before I went up a structure that did not leave me inspired with confidence or which the bloke erecting it was refusing to show me his qualifications.

If I am being a big fairy about working at height on the scaffolding he has provided and it is unreasonable for me to have sight of his competence, then so be it, I can live with that one. But I can assure you that I have not set out to Troll this forum (I do have a life after all) but just get your view on the situation.

As for NASC, I was advised to contact them by PASMA. I will freely admit I am not competent to judge if a scaffold has been properly erected or not and so can only go by what I’m told. If NASC happen to be a self-serving organisation, then again I can only apologise. However, I do feel that I have a basic right to be assured that the person erecting this scaffold is qualified to undertake the job.

Maybe I have it all wrong and the scaffold is fine but the job is now finished as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Even though its cuplock it is still what we used to call an independent tied scaffold and still requires ties. Its not a freestanding tower.

i was under the impression and indapendant can stand freely to the hight of 4 times its minimum dimention so with of the scaffold 4 times high dont need tied may have understood it rong on the course but thats what it sounded like to me

3.5 x sbd on external static tower,and only has to be tied in after 4m on an independant yet good practise to put em in anyway,or at least rakers pulled back as if wishful thinking worked id be in st barts on a beach earning 10% ;)

Last edited:
Gentlemen, may I firstly apologise for not having a piccy to hand when I first opened this thread. I was simply seeking a bit of advice before I went up a structure that did not leave me inspired with confidence or which the bloke erecting it was refusing to show me his qualifications.

If I am being a big fairy about working at height on the scaffolding he has provided and it is unreasonable for me to have sight of his competence, then so be it, I can live with that one. But I can assure you that I have not set out to Troll this forum (I do have a life after all) but just get your view on the situation.

As for NASC, I was advised to contact them by PASMA. I will freely admit I am not competent to judge if a scaffold has been properly erected or not and so can only go by what I’m told. If NASC happen to be a self-serving organisation, then again I can only apologise. However, I do feel that I have a basic right to be assured that the person erecting this scaffold is qualified to undertake the job.

Maybe I have it all wrong and the scaffold is fine but the job is now finished as far as I am concerned.

Icarus,

Thanks for your comments but I think it's fair to assume I speak for all on the forum when I say to you, get tae fcuk you half wit you ain't kidding anyone.:cool:

Is there naw a painters forum anywhere?

I thought it was more likely to be Under Construction

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

haha, it didn't like my link.:laugh::laugh:

hahhahaha reminded me of a painter that p issed my mate of years ago , so my mate had a dump in his paint can . The painter went mental when he got to the bottom and realised what was in there :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom