Distance you can go off a tube to hang an upright with Safeway beam clamps?

you can also look at it in another respective, you can kick it off at 22 inch to get you started and support it on the bottom else were, the guy that posted the thread has not clearly stated what he is talking about, or he could have pulled it back to steel up above before he got on his hanger to build is square, who knows we could talk all day

This

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

We could, my only point is we are taking the importance of problem solving away from the scaffs then we are moaning when they don't know. I have no idea how old this guy is but I would hazard a guess at fairly young, the gaffer can moan all he likes but a drawing should have been produced as common knowledge is now more than ever not so common.

And this.

We could, my only point is we are taking the importance of problem solving away from the scaffs then we are moaning when they don't know. I have no idea how old this guy is but I would hazard a guess at fairly young, the gaffer can moan all he likes but a drawing should have been produced as common knowledge is now more than ever not so common.

I agree with you totally…..it is a confusing thread ,as some experienced guys taught this guy was talking about a ladder beam, and asking surely you can go out on a scaffold beam more than 22 in.?

Or he could have went out with a ladder beams, and laced 2 tubes across the beams top and bottom and hung his hangers off them tubes, but I don’t think this is what he has done, as he would have to be very fortunate to have the exact measurement from the top steel structural beam to the bottom to catch his ladder beam twice top and bottom with beam clamps, also the beam clamp he is talking about I’ve never heard of.

Ok, both right but still arguing, thats the scaffs for ya.:cool:

I agree with you totally…..it is a confusing thread ,as some experienced guys taught this guy was talking about a ladder beam, and asking surely you can go out on a scaffold beam more than 22 in.?

Or he could have went out with a ladder beams, and laced 2 tubes across the beams top and bottom and hung his hangers off them tubes, but I don’t think this is what he has done, as he would have to be very fortunate to have the exact measurement from the top steel structural beam to the bottom to catch his ladder beam twice top and bottom with beam clamps, also the beam clamp he is talking about I’ve never heard of.

Me either to be honest but I googled it and did find it and it looked much like a standard one just part of a product range like the twist lock tube stuff. As Swifty has pointed out we are discussing something without knowing the exact picture and as you already noted if he used beams his gaffer would never have questioned the 22 inch, I just don't like the scaffs carrying the can for what I see as a management slip up.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Maa heeds fecked:eek::eek:

mine an awe.:laugh:

Well it is a scaffolders forum. Makes a change actually talking about scaffolding rather than taking the p!ss

Have to admit, never even seen a safeway beam clamp let alone used one but the older one's I am used to working with depended on who you were working for as to their use. RBG stated 9 inch from the steel as maximum but GB reckoned zero was the way to go and we did it whatever way it was on any particular firm.

Not sure about the 8 feet marra, these safeway things must either be magic or made for Benny Flynn.:worried:

I assumed he was talking about fixing 2 tubes with 4 beam clamps (gravlok have not see a safeway beam clamp) across 2 steel girders then hanging a dropper. We used to put then next to the gravlok but when i went to Oz I saw many droppers 18 inches away from the beam and gravlok. I raised the question and was told it was in the Australian standards. Checked the standards but couldnt see any mention of it. We changed it although other contractors still continued the 18 inch way. Just doesnt seem right.

maybe it come from the 2 inside boards crk 2 inside boards don't need picked up but 3 do, 2 boards 18 inch,

I assumed he was talking about fixing 2 tubes with 4 beam clamps (gravlok have not see a safeway beam clamp) across 2 steel girders then hanging a dropper. We used to put then next to the gravlok but when i went to Oz I saw many droppers 18 inches away from the beam and gravlok. I raised the question and was told it was in the Australian standards. Checked the standards but couldnt see any mention of it. We changed it although other contractors still continued the 18 inch way. Just doesnt seem right.

I think he was HSWT although done it over the beam and under. I always tried to put them next to the gravlok but certainly no more than the already stated 9 inches without using a ladder beam or something else. Funny how other countries do it different, why did you not just follow suit if it was the standard industry practice, even if it was wrong. I bet the scaffs hated you for changing it.:laugh:

maybe it come from the 2 inside boards crk 2 inside boards don't need picked up but 3 do, 2 boards 18 inch,

You may have a point marra, trouble with old school scaffs is they think nothing changes and because it was done such a way back in the day it should always be done like that.

Top Bottom