Definition of a Scaffolder - The Original List

Fair enough, though it was good of the guy to come on and try to explain his reasoning behind it. Probably time to just put it to one side now. Either that or you can add another one to the list about being over sensitive about lists :idea: :bigsmile:

Fair enough, though it was good of the guy to come on and try to explain his reasoning behind it. Probably time to just put it to one side now. Either that or you can add another one to the list about being over sensitive about lists :idea: :bigsmile:

I shouldn't have to.

If you DO decide to publish someone else's work - then basically saying 'it's a load of old sh*t anyway, so what's the problem?' - is slightly annoying.

I'll leave it at that.

I just wanted to clear a few things up relating to this thread.

EVERY post made on the forum is automatically copyrighted the moment is goes live. The copyright is owned by both the author and the Scaffolders Forum.

Nothing contained within the Scaffolders Forum maybe copied and used in other forms without the express permission of the Scaffolders Forum and the Author(s) of the thread / post.

The forum has had a copyright notice in the footer since it was launched but since April 1989 it has'nt been neccessary to even mark content with a copyright notice.

Public Domain is used by many in an incorrect manner by those who don't understand copyright laws. No work is in the public domain unless the author clearly states that it is.

One of the authors is clearly unhappy that their work has been reproduced.

I would suggest that it is removed from all sources that are not clearly related to the Scaffolders Forum immediatley.

EVERY post made on the forum is automatically copyrighted the moment is goes live. The copyright is owned by both the author and the Scaffolders Forum.

Nothing contained within the Scaffolders Forum maybe copied and used in other forms without the express permission of the Scaffolders Forum and the Author(s) of the thread / post.

The forum has had a copyright notice in the footer since it was launched but since April 1989 it has'nt been neccessary to even mark content with a copyright notice.

Public Domain is used by many in an incorrect manner by those who don't understand copyright laws. No work is in the public domain unless the author clearly states that it is.

I would suggest that it is removed from all sources that are not clearly related to the Scaffolders Forum immediatley.

Thanks for clearing that one up Admin , I don't think the authors would have a problem with the list being published elsewhere ( please correct me if I'm wrong) its the fact that others are being given credit for their work which is quite rightly pissing them off .

What the legalities of posting links as opposed to content ?

Thanks for clearing that one up Admin , I don't think the authors would have a problem with the list being published elsewhere ( please correct me if I'm wrong) its the fact that others are being given credit for their work which is quite rightly pissing them off .

What the legalities of posting links as opposed to content ?

Posting links to other sites is absolutely fine in the same way that books use quotes and references to other sources.

You've even had the cheek to remove my post from your facebook page.

I bet you feel a little bit stupid as you've no doubt claimed the credit for the work already to all your little facebook friends.

i removed the post from fbook because you obviously have your fbook profile locked down so either i cant contact you or nobody can contact you at all . its just a blank picture box with no links to contact you , or see your profile or anything .

i could understand the spitting your dummy out and stamping your feet if i had asked for the credit of the list and or the list had been used for a major event or advertisement or endorsement or media exposure but it wasnt end of story.

Last edited by a moderator:
ffs,go toe to toe at the next AGM,with a gallon of swill inside yer both,that may be as amusing as the original list..

:embarrest:Feck it- I better apologise now for all that copying & pasting:blink1:

I think we all know where we stand on this, i am one thats learnt something from it, what you you type can be used elsewhere, so we will draw a line under this one and enjoy the forum for what it is, bringing us scaffs closer together, good job people dont have their addresses on here, knock on the door and get your head kicked in.:laugh::laugh: Dico lives at No 32 smugglers cottage, kerton road, romney marsh. if hes upset anyone.:laugh::laugh:

since ive had to teach taekwon do ive moved nearer to the trainning centre lol.

Well done boys!!

That is a fooking long list but it has brought tears to my eyes just reading it!!

Put it up on our notice board and the lads are pissing themselves OR looking very sheepish!!

Well done boys!!

That is a fooking long list but it has brought tears to my eyes just reading it!!

Put it up on our notice board and the lads are pissing themselves OR looking very sheepish!!

Hi PW its great to have you back!

Where have you been?

Regards

SF Admin

I still have a nosey at the Forum every now and then mate...

Have had a lot on with work (Trying like fook to win some to keep our head above water) and we seem to be doing OK at the mo...

And on a personel level getting in touch with my daughter from a prevoius relationship (Think that covers No11 on the Scaffolder list!!:nuts:) after 22 years and I dont mind saying it has been a bit traumatic for all of us but we are getting there!!

I still have a nosey at the Forum every now and then mate...

Have had a lot on with work (Trying like fook to win some to keep our head above water) and we seem to be doing OK at the mo...

And on a personel level getting in touch with my daughter from a prevoius relationship (Think that covers No11 on the Scaffolder list!!:nuts:) after 22 years and I dont mind saying it has been a bit traumatic for all of us but we are getting there!!

Well its great to see you on the forum again, you were the leading contributor for ages and your input has been missed!

Oh...and I forgot to mention the small matter of getting Son No2 into Uni...he started at Portsmouth mid September and let me tell you what a fooking rigmarole that has been!! Student Finance are a ******* disaster!! If anyone else is in the same positon in the future give me a shout and I will try and guide you through their shambolic excuse of an organisation!! So all in all its be a bit full on for us recently....But IM BACK!! lol

Welcome back PW, I for one have missed your posts , don't leave it so long before the next one mate .

Oh...and I forgot to mention the small matter of getting Son No2 into Uni...he started at Portsmouth mid September and let me tell you what a fooking rigmarole that has been!! Student Finance are a ******* disaster!! If anyone else is in the same positon in the future give me a shout and I will try and guide you through their shambolic excuse of an organisation!! So all in all its be a bit full on for us recently....But IM BACK!! lol

I was quite lucky with the whole finance thing, it went quite smoothly for me, but I knew a lot of people who got messed about.

Its just paying it back for the next 30 odd years thats the pain in the arse!

I was quite lucky with the whole finance thing, it went quite smoothly for me, but I knew a lot of people who got messed about.

Did you have to pay your own digs? :laugh:

Student Finance are in complete meltdown....they are a disaster.....My boy still hasnt got the bit of maintanence grant he is entitled too and we applied in March because we knew from last year they had massive problems!!...do you know what the cheeky ***** said?? "He'll have to use his personel overdraft until we sort it" They also said they dont expect to have it sorted until mid November!! What a shower of ****!! :eek:

P.S. Many thanks for the welcome back Podger!! :D

Top Bottom