Counter weight

Things are good Gary, good to see you back in the forum. My take is it's the same formula used when I did my training, the centre line thing is a bit pedantic and the loadings should be obvious. That been said, usually find it very unwise to argue with a designer as all I really know is what others have told me where as these boy's earn a living at working it out.

In short, I haven't a fekin clue.:wacko:

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

thats why im in Saudi

Got to be honest, I would far rather be in sunny govan despite recent events.:(

Aye Alistair, glad to see you fit and well, Iv been reading that your looking at Training eh ???

Can't make up my mind what course to run first, the pull test or safe use of the step.:unsure:

There is a course running at Cardonald College the second week of the Glasgow fair so might give it a go.

Things are good Gary, good to see you back in the forum. My take is it's the same formula used when I did my training, the centre line thing is a bit pedantic and the loadings should be obvious. That been said, usually find it very unwise to argue with a designer as all I really know is what others have told me where as these boy's earn a living at working it out.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

are you from Govan?

No, jut a frequent visitor I'm afraid.

Garry, Alistair

Dont distract from the thread, there is a PM for "howzitgaun".

Alistair dont sit on the fence, yes or no.

The gentleman is obviously an educated chap and one could not hold a candle to his credentials, which i am in awe of and totally respect.

I merely stated a fact of learned information that comes from training received from scaffolder s that were real people and didn't live in a fantasy world. I answered the original gentleman's question and was told off by a commercial firm that i couldn't lace his boots causing immense embarrassment and disdain to ones credibility.

Im guessing that the member took up membership with the view of commercial prowess ( whether owner or employee) rather than enhancing and embracing the forums view of enriching its members with shared information.
In my view the original question was answered to the point, no frills.

Im guessing again that the responder is younger and brought up in the age of profit before reality, rules outweigh the truth.

I object to being called a prick by someone who was not even born when i was masturbating to Debbie Harry.

As this forum is open to the possibility of being done for slander and anything said being libelous
I live in Saudi, sue me if you want. Id love to see you try to get a visa.
IM RIGHT, stick your bonus up your arse.

haha, deemess Debbie Harry was everyone's fantasy, the Carol Vorderman of her day.:embarrest:

Firstly, I was not sitting on the fence, just been around long enough to realise and admit freely that a lot of my long held beliefs and so called knowledge has either changed or no longer relevant. I earn my living putting them up and as such can argue all day long about the nuances of such but leave the calcs to the designers who earn their daily bread doing so. It pains me to say it but Aom is in Axsd's camp.

The howsitgaun is a vital part of this forum. It's a scaffolders forum for scaffolders. Others are welcome to come and set us straight now and again but this one is for the lads not the suits, if you don't like it don't read it.

Garry, Alistair

Dont distract from the thread, there is a PM for "howzitgaun".

Alistair dont sit on the fence, yes or no.

The gentleman is obviously an educated chap and one could not hold a candle to his credentials, which i am in awe of and totally respect.

I merely stated a fact of learned information that comes from training received from scaffolder s that were real people and didn't live in a fantasy world. I answered the original gentleman's question and was told off by a commercial firm that i couldn't lace his boots causing immense embarrassment and disdain to ones credibility.

Im guessing that the member took up membership with the view of commercial prowess ( whether owner or employee) rather than enhancing and embracing the forums view of enriching its members with shared information.
In my view the original question was answered to the point, no frills.

Im guessing again that the responder is younger and brought up in the age of profit before reality, rules outweigh the truth.

I object to being called a prick by someone who was not even born when i was masturbating to Debbie Harry.

As this forum is open to the possibility of being done for slander and anything said being libelous
I live in Saudi, sue me if you want. Id love to see you try to get a visa.
IM RIGHT, stick your bonus up your arse.

Superb one-liner!

Best I've heard on the forum for a long while.

am i missing something here,did howsitgauen block me from seein his thread and call someone a prik,fells like the vultures are circling and im not even dead yet ;)

Joe, howsitgauin is Jockanese for "hello how are you?" No one blocked anything, Deemess didn't like us from what he thought was detracting from an interesting debate.

well i dont think their was any malice from our behalf just opinion,and this is not the yemen speak english ;)

was a belting one liner ;)

Just giving you boys a taste of our culture.;)

Sorry Aom

I was married when carol came on the scene and the wife stopped my masturbating days.She caught me once and went mental. I told her she had two choices, get off the bus or join in.

I do read the howzitgaun and am not a prude.I think its great.

So you deal with the guy whos against my thoughts. This is the bit where you tell me he is older than me and was masturbating to Ena Sharples when Debbie was a young thing.

I respect your educated and very well proportioned response which is non offensive and appropriate.Im big enough to dish it out and receive as well. Please tell your customer it was tongue in cheek but he did ask for it. If he removes the fist from his arse he might respond a wee bit better without telling people they are single celled ameobas.

No offense intended nor brownie points sought.

Respect to you

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

joebag

i didnt block anything, never would. Im transparent in everything

Mutual Deemess I'm sure.

I don't deal with the guy, well I don't think so but I do deal with designers in general and at last have found a very good one. There is no point in paying them to do a job for you then arguing with them so I tend to give them as much information as I can and then try and follow their lead, I just find it smoother all round.

Axsd has been around for a while and answered a few questions in the past, I have no idea if he is good or bad but as I said they are very hard to argue with and pretty much have their finger on the pulse of our trade.

Anyone who masturbated to Ena Sharples deserves a medal though.:laugh:

Sorry Aom

I was married when carol came on the scene and the wife stopped my masturbating days.She caught me once and went mental. I told her she had two choices, get off the bus or join in.

I do read the howzitgaun and am not a prude.I think its great.

So you deal with the guy whos against my thoughts. This is the bit where you tell me he is older than me and was masturbating to Ena Sharples when Debbie was a young thing.

I respect your educated and very well proportioned response which is non offensive and appropriate.Im big enough to dish it out and receive as well. Please tell your customer it was tongue in cheek but he did ask for it. If he removes the fist from his arse he might respond a wee bit better without telling people they are single celled ameobas.

No offense intended nor brownie points sought.

Respect to you

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

joebag

i didnt block anything, never would. Im transparent in everything

A scaffolder who can spell ameobas,and hails from govan,is alright with me:amazed::p:D

PS,seen Debbie Harry twice live,when blondie were no1 with the tide is high.

As a point of interest, I actually thought you were bang on with your calculation but as we all know the fact a scaffolder needs to know such a calculation means a trip to see a designer therefore another skill lost from the trade as the young team won't have a clue as they have never needed to work it out and never will.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

A scaffolder who can spell ameobas,and hails from govan,is alright with me:amazed::p:D

PS,seen Debbie Harry twice live,when blondie were no1 with the tide is high.

He did go to a good school.;)

The formula is correct and still taught at Bircham or was? Run out on part 2, and S.S.I. And on the Supervisors inspection section 2 hrs worth P. S. it works, Do it on your phone.

I liked Debbie too

Top Bottom