Congratulations on a massive contribution

i can always remember you had a photo in the nasc magazine round i think a flint looking church maybe ?
looked a tidy job and article said how long it took to erect ....... i didnt beleive it at he time but i do know we
well done

Couldn't find one of the completed job but this was it.

PICT0073.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

PICT0072.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Alistair

Congratulations on your land mark---a Forum stalwart, Gentleman and a scholar :love:

Thanks for that Gary.

[any picsof it completed wouldn't mind seein them like?

Thanks for that Gary.[/QUOTE]

Not on this computer but I have on the work one. I will get them over the weekend and give you a look and before I get a dig it was pre sg4 10 and it was a designed job by a man you will know very well Gary but it was a homer.;)

Alistair

Is his initials B A ???:unsure:

very tidy job by the way...

Last edited:
You got him Gary but as the requirements changed with insurance and a few other things I had to stop using him but his calculations impressed many a new client.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

b a ...baraca ????

i aint goin in no damn airplane fool.

Alistair

aye, he maybe supplied the Drawings and calcs, but you erected it, tidy bracing kicking each other, good angles and tight node points :cool:

Garry...

That was the job where the drawing didn't require any ledger brace because obviously the square and face brace but it just felt wrong and I put it in anyway. Again, it was a while ago.

Alistair

You went with your instinct, you cant learn that at Uni---belt and braces ;)

I can't figure out if it's an east coast thing Gary or even just 2 blokes well named but you remind me terrible of Gaz from Muchalls, he would back me to the hilt no matter what I said and done as well, magic as it doesn't happen often.

Alistair

Worked wi Gaz when he first came up to the Aberdeen---was with Aberdeen Scaffolding in the early days---Newtonhill Mafia, Roddy, Gilly and John Rush just a few names from the past eh...

I always back a Brother Alistair ;)

I am still in contact with him, a real good mate who showed me the ropes when others may have wanted to bin me. He is now enjoying life and has hung up the spanners for now and never been so happy picking up a bit off casual here and there, anything to stay away from scaffolding.

I noticed you always back a brother, it stands out there is not many left.

Alistair

Last contact I had with Gaz was via the Forum some time ago---Gaz was working on the Loggs Offshore Sector for RBG and staying in Edinburgh give him my regards next time you talk wi him...

Aye, the old skool always backed each other it was Clan thing eh---together we stand, divided we fall...

Congrats Alister, 7000 Posts Full Of Great Advice And Encouragement, Ive Never Heard You Sound Pissed Off Well Done.

Top Bottom