Chancers

if his first words out of his mouth are where he has been what he has done and what he doesnt know about scaffolding aint worth knowing,

Then you know he is a teesider and only good for servicing the fittings.:nuts:

if his first words out of his mouth are where he has been what he has done and what he doesnt know about scaffolding aint worth knowing,

Then you know he is a teesider and only good for servicing the fittings.:nuts:

come on super give them a bit of credit, they can pass a bit of gear now and then (inbetween smoke breaks)

Never had proper interviews appart from when I first applied upon leaving school and college interview. I've had a couple of come into yard, more informal like and many more come into yard 8 am Monday.
I've found most places will give you a shot. The other lads keep their eye out and report back. The chancers mostly don't last a week. I've seen them go by morning snap !!! lol

i'll do a practical test in an interveiw and more for 3k a week!!!!!

you never said interview in a 5 star hotel, just trying to help.
if your on that much money why ask for help of us poor relations.
Personally if i was employing someone and paying them top dollar i would make sure they could do the job, PRACTICAL SIMPLES!
FFS lighten up you big headed tw@t

Oh when the shark bites!!!!
I thought this forum was about people sharing ideas and knowledge??
Or is it about the age old geordie, mackem,smoggie feud??

you can buy a card but you cant buy experience.
trade test is the way to go,and as already mentioned ask how to erect a job,with the aid of a photo etc.

Most aussies i found didnt know what a puntion or splice ( or standard, ledger, trandsom)was so you can ask them things like that you`ll be suprised how many wont know. Ask them when would you spilce a tube and how many fittings would you use to splice, when would you put a check on a puntion etc.

When to splice a tubes a bit easy, I'd stick with show them a drawing and explain the process of erection to you...

Got a supervisor test we use out here and will forward it if you want?
Had to carry out interviews for new foreman not that long ago and started off with.
Whats your prioraty on the Job ?
Cover the old fittings SWL's and then down the H2S road if working in the oil and gas side of things also asked about internal side of things vessels ect

Hi Guys, hello to all, first time on here.
Just reading about practicals, 25 years ago when i was in ICI for Mills any new starters had to do a practical, build an 8 x 8 2 lift tower, using mills half inch square bolt doubles and DHs or daggers as we called them.... if the got the doubles or daggers on the wrong way round, they were shown the gate....i saw a few come and go on a monday morning...haha
I also worked with a kid that supposedly had an advanced card but never got off the ground, he just wanted to go for gear or back to the cabin to make sure the boiler was on.. what a waster..

I've only ever done one trade test for Rigblast and it was a waste of time, as soon as they saw the Aberdeen trannies going in you got a tap on the shoulder and told to strip it. As I remember a load of dead wood still got through.

True, anyone that holds a card should be able to erect a little tower or whatever for a little test if they can't they should be stripped of the card !
What a joke though
Give them a trial with a couple of good trusted lads and you will know for sure if they can do the job by asking your lads

do the job 2 handed you and him and when he pulls you up for leaving a trapend ,double upside down (unless ur from bristol) and you board across your ledgers you have to be true to your word and jack in before you kill a chancer ,you know the script .

Oh when the shark bites!!!!
I thought this forum was about people sharing ideas and knowledge??
Or is it about the age old geordie, mackem,smoggie feud??

i did try to share knowledge and got shut down, MY opinion and others by the look of it is practical only, thats all i said, i didnt want some smug pr1ck taking the p1ss (keyboard warrior)
ps no fued with geordies worked with them for years, my wife is one my best pal one and my oldest work mate one, just good banter,
as for smoggies/ nappy bashers you can all go and fukc yourselves and your kids,pr1ck

Jakdan the problem is if your not from the area they don't understand the crack between us (not everyone but some)
There was a time I would never crossed the bridge into Sunderland apart from the Darby day and the court apperance LOL

CHANCERS!! Ha, they are everywhere.
Start as labourers & got rid of 'cause there no good, turn up on blue book jobs as part 2's, dole put them on scaffold course,even civil workers I met on a previous job turn up on site with their new bat belt( more tools than dewalt). putting doubles on upside down, not levelling ledgers & transoms,can't measure 4 & 5 board wide job!!!! Staying on the floor/ pissing off to toilet when its time to think about how the jobs to be erected / dism.seen it and its so annoying that good scaffolders can't get work and these idiots working alongside you.

1. All scaffold labourers should labour for at least 2 to 3 years minimum
2. Put on part1 course. return to company to learn basics, poss. 1 to 2 years
3. Go on part 2 if supervisor/ boss is confident person can pass the course.
4. Make sure all paper work and proof of continuous scaffold employment can be accounted for.
5. To become advanced ????? I know basic scaffolders who will forget more than some advanced will ever learn.

These training centres need to tighten up on who passes, not take the cash and don't give a fcuk on ability.
The jobs hard enough without chancres/yes men making our life any harder than it is, I've worked on the street and blue book jobs & both have their merits, but I've noticed more people want the blue book ' cause a lot haven't a days work in them. Want the rate/bonus/lodge but will do the bare minimum..... That's only human nature I guess

5. At least 2 to 3 years scaffold experience on the spanner before being allowed to try to go on advanced course.

Top Bottom