Can you create a sphere from scaffold?

As per usual I will be at Machrihanish at the weekend but would love to see the pics.

il come and have a scan i live in Bury!

Yes happy
used radius tube on a barrell vault job in Bradford on a printing works,inside an inverted cone on a water treatment plant again in Bradford and on the internal scaffold on the "sea towers" of the Cormorant,and shell Brent rigs at Ardyne Point

Don't think it would work to erect a ball :sad:

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Looks similar to a tower I stripped in Leeds next door to the Market Tavern Pub :embarrest:

Ardyne Point, now that brings back a few memories Rigger.

Were you there as well oldscaff? A bit before my time I'm afraid but I still have to look at that horrible building you all left behind.

we can but try! its gonna be a long couple of days but if all goes to plan should be quite an eye opener.
The last time the guy built it it was a 5m ball and used a fabricated frame but as time wasn't on his side this time he came to us to see if we had any ideas.
Im gonna do a photo file of the build from start to finish and will hopefully put the finished product on show with pics.
It better bloody work there's national news coverage an all there, something for the portfolio tho eh! :blink1:

Aint done one before but it sounds like a peace of piss haha

There is an excellent example of what you require not far from Liverpool st station in London, I have pictures if it, If you look in my pictures section you will find it.

Were you there as well oldscaff? A bit before my time I'm afraid but I still have to look at that horrible building you all left behind.

I was indeed, Dunoon brings back alot of memories.

My time came just as it was dying out but do remember the local attractions to entertain the yanks in the pier disco.:love:

Mon Tubular artist, was it a success, was it fun, did you get paid and where are the pics?:cool:

Cheers Scaffy, is that the holiday over?

Job completed yesterday evening, left the guy were doing the job for to finish his part which will be thursday, BUT......... The organisers from The Rock centre, Bury are having serious doubts about getting the crane thats been hired into place... i think they have realised how big this structure is, and the limited space they now have.

So pics will on my profile once my hangover has gone which should be around wednesday, and then friday for the finished one's.

Thanks for the interest and hope it doesn't disappoint

T. Artist

Only be disappointed if you don't post the pics tubular.

i was starting to think the bubble had burst------KA BOOM ;)
if they are struggling for a crane then why not build a lifting frame and lift it with block and tackle

Scaffolded the spheres at grangemouth with total encapsulation,trying to fill the corners in were something else as the job was done with cuplock.
It was designed for a haki roof,someone at sgb decided that since they had the plettac roof we should use that,but the plettac roof has a lower pitch and fecked a benzene vent on the top of it.
We then had to put another 4 lifts on it happy days
was on them spheres myself daftscaff inside as well lol:blink1:

whats happened to the photos tubular,times up we need to see them ;)
pikey never been inside them,fecked off to longannet(big mistake)and then off on my travels again

Top Bottom