Bring back the 80,s

cheers paddy.how do you do that.i havent a clue but if you could put my favourite tune of all time up i would appreciate it..the terrible twins..generation of scars.

cheers paddy.how do you do that.i havent a clue but if you could put my favourite tune of all time up i would appreciate it..the terrible twins..generation of scars.

skin go to youtube, search what you want, right click on the heading (www. stuff) click copy then back to SF and right click PASTE, and hey presto,
dont worrry if it takes a while it takes you tick geordie tw@ts a while to grab anything;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5ujfdQ08A]YouTube - ‪Terrible Twins - Generation Of Scars‬‏[/ame]

Here's one for you SMB (you know who you are :bigsmile:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qdp4hBYaa4&feature=related]YouTube - ‪prodigy - charly‬‏[/ame]

Is that them heavy petrol engine hoists

yer when scaff was fun. but i dont miss carrying a big bundle of 5s up em to 5th lift with it sat on the cab roof. no wonder my knees are are fecked!

Single Handrails, no stop end toeboards, no hard hats, pub for dinner, no harnesses, no EN12811, no on site safety manager, paid in cash on a Friday then of course fcuking off to the pub for a couple that turned into Saturday morning!!

and can anyone remember any bad accidents, i cant really i know a lad who got a toe chopped off catching 5ft tubes, i had my wrist slashed including veins by a board band, also crushed my finger an sliced a bit off by a 21ft tube , but nowt really bad, both my accidents above could easily happen today and being young an daft was largely to blame aswell,

we used to put loadsa work up an down everyday between 2 to 8 of us per gang depending on jobs,

we threw 5fts and stuff upto 3 lifts high used to catch them from anywhere upto 5 or 6 lifts high, throw fittings up and down as high as you could throw, run around scaffolds, steelwork, house roofs , hangers or bridges with no gloves, boots , harness, hats, hi viz etc etc and in all kinds of weather aswell, reguarly sat on back of wagon cos too many to fit in cab,

everyone just knew what they were doing regardless of size of gang that day, loading out was almost perfection the right number of fittings, tubes etc in right place at right time the two main spanners didnt stop , it was like clockwork you could strap the wagons up before scaffs had even started last lift cos you knew the gear needed was out ready , job an knock we rarely wasted a single minute yet the crack and carry was great with both the lads and the public none of the **** you get these days .

a good lesson you learn quick superscaff is when you put your finger in the sleeve to check its in the ledger and your good olde mate at the other end rams it in that really hurts you only do it once lol!! ps bet your mate wears steel toecaps now!!

yeah but at same time it was him an 2 scaffs fooling around that caused it , he was trying to catch 2 x 5fts at a time one dropped by each scaff lol

he was a fcukin mackem anyway dico so didnt really matter, my accidents were because i was just a one man demolition machine when young , throwing up or taking scaffold down nothing got in my way i would just plough on , go around it, under it, over it or even through it , i just bounced around sites fall over, fall off alsorts come home with cuts bruises i didnt know i had lol patch up and away again :laugh:

Yep those were the days super, never saw or heard of too many accidents,but saw loads of near misses.

yeah lots of just think what ifs, lol

everyone had one thing in abundance them days that is a very rare thing these days, WHAT WAS IT,10 bonus points first correct answer.

could be a new thread super, a near miss tale,lol. many years ago I was working on a tower,which ran parallel with a motorway on ramp. My boss dropped a 21 which hit a ledger at pace, sending the 21 across the motorway like an arrow taking the wipers off a passing car. Strange but true

Fraid its been drummed out of evryone now days super,mycommon is tellin me to hit the sack. stay sharp mate

Top Bottom