Bring back the 80,s

exscuse my igorance what the hell is a fish bellie ?

Horrible heavy things scrap em

Only had the pleasure of usin once

remember the single handrails and remember the olde 9m ladders one good thing with them ladders they came down easier than they went up( everybody clear timber!!!!!)

Remember how they use to flex when you got half way up em

was only younge then and learning remember the olde school scaffolders doing the hangers off the steels no safety harness or safety plan with not a care in the world crazy!!!

Well your older than me and i remember them dico

enlighten me xxx dunno what one of them is but down saff we might call them by another name

You'd know what one was if you'd erected one, usually the brake failed and the hoist ended up in a pile on the floor. tried googling one but can't find the ones we used at Banner Scaffolding on Nottingham Marina late 80s:D

no hard hats, safety boots, risk assesments or method statements, design drawings, pull tests.

worst thing i remember is having to climb up the wind/sway brace on a 15 lift tower WTF, without any of the above mentioned PPE :eek:

enlighten me xxx dunno what one of them is but down saff we might call them by another name

cat heads where bolted on the very top of the hoist section , bit like a Ginny wheel upside down, every time you needed to raise the hoist height you had to climb up and take of the cathead , bolt a new section on and then put the cathead back on , some of them sections where 20 foot long and you was usually standing on doubled up 13 foot boards across the hoist tower :eek:

bollox to the 80's, maggie thatcher took my milk away.

loved the early eighties .had nothing and pushed you on to better yourself .theres a song that sticks in my head.....infa riot...kids of the 80s..fking class.

Top Bottom