Bramhalls

Yeah no doubt!!! Its Simian that have told us that its now law on bramhalls sites that we have to use these step ups!

Maybe you could clear the base lift thing up for us?

Do we need to install the guardrail to the base lift before we get on it?

How do you handle the hemps Dan. Is it not a hassle?

sorry just got back online. you can put your doubles on every other standard then top up with 16's once up on the boarded platform works fine i think.

Paul, is it true that Lyndons are now wearing double tail lanyards? thats what we have been told today at a meeting with Bramhalls.

On the step up front do you put the guard rail in from the base - base out then put a tube in at handrail height on the floor, then put the advanced guard rail in?

Twin tail lanards we only use when on beams when you can't board out I.e hanger and 90% of our jobs have a kicker lift so we put a 3 board run down single handrail then use the steps

Twin tail lanards we only use when on beams when you can't board out I.e hanger and 90% of our jobs have a kicker lift so we put a 3 board run down single handrail then use the steps

If your putting a 3 board run down and single handrail to work off i presume your only doing 4 board wide standard to standard with 1 or 2 inside boards:rolleyes:

If your putting a 3 board run down and single handrail to work off i presume your only doing 4 board wide standard to standard with 1 or 2 inside boards:rolleyes:

Yes , when we use ready lok I will put 4. Down, sometimes 5 !!
You know your stuff:wacko:There is no smiley for sarcasm lol

Yes , when we use ready lok I will put 4. Down, sometimes 5 !!
You know your stuff:wacko:There is no smiley for sarcasm lol

Just checking SG4.05 still applys to whatever the width of the dummy lift is, you can work off one less board, eg 5 boards wide, can work off 4 boards, 4 boards wide, then 3boards or is it TG20 now. no sarcasm intended:nuts:

It was just a meeting that one of our managers has been to, i think he just understood it wrong mate.

when i said you should use them for beamwork he had one of them looks that means i dont understand, hes not a scaffolder hes a site manager so most of it prob went over his head! (he is 3'4")!!!!

I was asking for the reason that we are putting in a 2.6 base lift on the blocks of flats and now they have decided we have to use these step ups on all Bramalls sites, one of the lads said thats fair enough but how do i get onto the step up when its going in at around the 1.6m mark to fit the handrail to the base lift before i get up?

just wondering how this is achieved without putting a dummy lift in?

It was just a meeting that one of our managers has been to, i think he just understood it wrong mate.

when i said you should use them for beamwork he had one of them looks that means i dont understand, hes not a scaffolder hes a site manager so most of it prob went over his head! (he is 3'4")!!!!

I was asking for the reason that we are putting in a 2.6 base lift on the blocks of flats and now they have decided we have to use these step ups on all Bramalls sites, one of the lads said thats fair enough but how do i get onto the step up when its going in at around the 1.6m mark to fit the handrail to the base lift before i get up?

just wondering how this is achieved without putting a dummy lift in?

It's not gonna happen is it ?
How you reaching to base out then with no dummy lift ?
If I am correct you are using the milk/beer crate ,plsterers ally fold out step thing or doubling boards from next doors fence to a wheelie bin methods !!All of which have not been approved in TG;20 !!
If you are doing any of those ways why are the saying use the steps /advance hand rail ?
Has your gaffer priced into the job the erecting & striking of a dummy kicker and told you to ''get on with it '' thus he is making a little bit more ?
One way to get round it with a big lift is to get some ally long sent out ,splice 2 x 8' tube to the outside of two standards with swivs at each end of the ally long then put the long on the outside of your splice tube (all this can be done at around head height ) then with a man each end undo the swivs push up and wrap back off :)
Got to improvise sometimes :confused:
They have got to understand they can't pick and chose what rules they use it is all there in the guidence .

Ive already said the improvised advanced guardrail with swivels!

its a very long story mate!!!

i know they haven't priced the erecting and stripping of a dummy lift, but all the prices are soo tight these days its ridiculous!!!

its killing the scaffs at the moment, all the gear and now the step ups have been added on for us now for the same money. i know its just getting used to it but inevitably it will slow you down and if your on price with a really rubbish day rate!!!

i love the job and i like to do a tidy job to the best of my ability but now its taking longer and cutting our money down!

thats all it is pal wen u ledgers get hand rail aswell once handrail in put the next lift handrail on thats all i do mate

i think its more the fact that nobody expected it to happen there at this moment in time and its just a case of get on with it it your tough pooh!!!

Managers just say its your problem not ours!

I,ve just been in talks with a aluminium manufacter about putting handrails on my new step-up. :nuts:

so glad i've left the circus behind, just wait until next january that is when the real fun starts :eek: ;)

Top Bottom