Bramhalls

TomP

Reaction score
Some of our lads have just come off Bramhalls site today and they are saying its now compulsary to use advanced guardrails on all there sites from now on!!!

we tested them on one of our other jobs to see whether the hop up or ladder step version was best, but our bosses have never made the decision and we only have two, soooo they are going to have to buy another ten! thats before you get to the price of the footage for the lads!!! I can see the lads loosing out.......

The scaff steps work the best. I find the advanced guardrails a bit slow. Once you are used to the scaff step your job will still go in pretty quick on inderpendant work.

How do you handle the hemps Dan. Is it not a hassle?

you can get them from the lift above after you have put the handrail on from the step most of the time.

its a pain aom especially with long,but thats what they want.scaffstep is ok though.

Got to be honest, sounds like a total nightmare, but I suppose I better get used to it. Did you get specific training on it before you used it from a outside agent or was it all in-house? I know it sounds pathetic asking the scaffs if they have been trained to use a step ladder but you all know the score.

Probably Northwest mate done work for Bramhall in Rochdale and Oldham.

It will be difficult to make it pay on their ebay quote system with advanced rails. Who said this? The safety team?

never used the advanced handrails but heard there a tw@t . the step ups not too bad once your used to it and get a bit of a routine going . im sure every one would welcome the step system if it meant we could bin the harnesses.

never used the advanced handrails but heard there a tw@t . the step ups not too bad once your used to it and get a bit of a routine going . im sure every one would welcome the step system if it meant we could bin the harnesses.

Harnesses are here to stay SCAFFSTEP

Theres no way i,m putting one of these step-ups in my own transport :nuts:

its a pain aom especially with long,but thats what they want.scaffstep is ok though.

Put a double every other upright :smile1:, if you need to hemp out put a 5' in then change it when up there :)

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Theres no way i,m putting one of these step-ups in my own transport :nuts:

mate you wanna see the back of our van ,2x safety steps ,drill.cutter,leads,staff,jetcut saw ,twin tail lanyards,lifejackets ,sperate orangers for the railways,yellows for highways,double orange light then all our tools in fitting sacks !!
Gonna need bigger vans for gangs who travel to all the differant jobs ,i will throw my don in for a merc vito :D

As i,ve said before Paul,this games going backwards with all the extra gear you,ve got too carry,thats before you pick a tube or board up,they,ll have us putting nets under the lift next. :nuts:

Paul, is it true that Lyndons are now wearing double tail lanyards? thats what we have been told today at a meeting with Bramhalls.

On the step up front do you put the guard rail in from the base - base out then put a tube in at handrail height on the floor, then put the advanced guard rail in?

i go to a lot of bramall sites & havn't seen anyone using advanced guard rail, only steps being used? ;)

btw tom what firm do you work for?

ha thats what i ment get on the step and put the handrail on!!!!

Hey Orac im working for Butler Scaffolding in Bolton but we are on a site in Accrington at the moment.

you dont inspect for Simian do you Orac?

Hey Orac im working for Butler Scaffolding in Bolton but we are on a site in Accrington at the moment.

you dont inspect for Simian do you Orac?

lol yes mate, will probably see you around;)

Top Bottom