best tricks

Best trick i ever learned after falling 12m [40 ft] was to make sure i was in one piece at the end of every day and i could go home to my family

Good money is brilliant but its not worth much if your in a wheelchair

Best trick i ever learned after falling 12m [40 ft] was to make sure i was in one piece at the end of every day and i could go home to my family

Good money is brilliant but its not worth much if your in a wheelchair

FEKING HELL MARRA how ya survive that yan and what happened?

Erecting a tower in leeds in 1963 on a block of flats and whilst working at 120ft level i slipped and fell 40 ft onto 3 @ 2inch wimpey boards, dont remember anything until waking up the next evening in Leeds General Infirmary off work 20 weeks and like a true scaffolder came back into it as soon as i was kicked off of the sick [fuck1ng mad or what]

Erecting a tower in leeds in 1963 on a block of flats and whilst working at 120ft level i slipped and fell 40 ft onto 3 @ 2inch wimpey boards, dont remember anything until waking up the next evening in Leeds General Infirmary off work 20 weeks and like a true scaffolder came back into it as soon as i was kicked off of the sick [fuck1ng mad or what]

fek me bet that hurt and yeah thats mad take it you hvad a tripple land yard after that ;) i lucky ya only fell 40ft am suprised you didnt go ther them boards and been at it ever since good man

here g scaff can you explain this in more detail you have lost me with the timber pinch rod lol

a piece of 4" x 2" with 2 notches cut out to suit your ledgers. [ i do 34" between the notches] which leaves 38" between your standards. must be used to set out the scaffold then it will work fine. speeds everything up.

a piece of 4" x 2" with 2 notches cut out to suit your ledgers. [ i do 34" between the notches] which leaves 38" between your standards. must be used to set out the scaffold then it will work fine. speeds everything up.

so acting like abberdeen datums? how do they hel out with the toe board situation thow marra

Always fcuk off to the toilet and hide for 20 mins if there is alot of chaining gear to be done, and time it so it's almost all done when you re-appear ! ha ha ha

:)

F..k me GM thats 10 foot higher than MY swan dive. I wonder soon if we are going to be issued parachutes in the near future? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

always thought a good trick was to be able to balance a 21 on ur chin till i saw my mate tryin,slipped and took out his front teeth,lol - but work waise an old fav of mine was to clip a transom onto the end of a board and then push it out over the beams stoping every meter to erect the proper transom, then lift the brd over the one you just fixed and push along again

Like who???? lol

theres 11000 of them on here i think or am i just very cinical

fecking class ive been rumbled myself theres a stupid advert at the side of my post now telling me to get a new career,by attending college or uni.
feck me if i went to school and didnt breack into cars shoplift and others unmentionable i wouldnt be a DAFTSCAFF ;)

Last edited:
To be the first to climb on a big job when it has to be stripped but stop at the first lift for the hand ball so others have to climb over you to strip it

and peaple wonder why english men cant get jobs

i might be bad at spelling but i can ashure you ime very eliquent when it comes to trainees taking the piss and with the work shy and the scaredy cats with a bad case of gravel rash

what is some one who is willing to let his work mates carry him worth **** all been in the game a lot of years and frankly getting a bit sick of having to shame lazy ******* to do a bit like a lot of the old hands on hear i can remember when a squad could slope of once a week and every body got a turn at a day of on pay **** me if you tried that now the ******* would drop you right in it

Were you working to sg41065765

not really mate its that mentality thats screwing the game

Top Bottom